account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

sony xperia z5 camera not working

SOLVED
Highlighted
Learner
Message 1 of 14
Message 1 of 14

solution??

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Learner
Message 5 of 14
Message 5 of 14

Re: sony xperia z5 camera not working

It happened 3 days after nougat sw update

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
Highlighted
Message 2 of 14
Message 2 of 14

Hello, @cesar7400 and welcome to the community.

- Go to Settings -> Apps -> Camera -> Force stop. Then go to Storage -> Clear data and restart your phone.

Feel free to kudo this post or mark it as solution so that other users facing the same issue can find it

Disclaimer: Moderators are not affiliated with or work for Sony Mobile, their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles in the community.

Highlighted
Learner
Message 3 of 14
Message 3 of 14

I already did it and it did not work, I did flash and it did not work in the same way
I need the solution on the motherboard
Highlighted
Learner
Message 4 of 14
Message 4 of 14

I have the same problem even I did factory reset but still persisting. The first thing I checked after the factory reset was camera and found not working
Highlighted
Learner
Message 5 of 14
Message 5 of 14

It happened 3 days after nougat sw update

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Learner
Message 6 of 14
Message 6 of 14

The cell phone works everything except the cameras, the cameras were changed by new cameras, nesecito na solution in the motherboard

Highlighted
Visitor
Message 7 of 14
Message 7 of 14

I had the same trouble, my Z5 premium was updated with android 7.1.1 and the few days the camera crashed when i tryed take a picture with whatsapp. 

I try forced stop app and deleted cache restart the phone, but dont works, and try with factory  restore and this was not succesfull.

Please i need help.

Highlighted
Learner
Message 8 of 14
Message 8 of 14

Hello,

I checked sony service store and they gave me high price to check the phone because it was out of warranty. So I bought rear  Camera module from the internet and went to one local shop to replace it but when It was opened, I found the camera cable is UNPLUGGED from the board.. Jusr plugged it back and it worked..  This will be my last sony product.

Learner
Message 9 of 14
Message 9 of 14

The 'update' updated everything but the camera app just download a new camera app from the play store and wait till a fix. I have replaced the camera on my Z5 premium and still have the poor performance so my conclusion must appear to be software related.

Simply go to settings< apps < camera < disable.

I am currently using open camera. Found on the play store.

'Recommened to keep video and photos resolution to stock settings' if gone over the normal stock camera setting, will slow down recording and slowdown camera speed in catching up with the image on the screen.

Hope this helps.

God bless

Highlighted
Visitor
Message 10 of 14
Message 10 of 14

Please advise if camera not work