account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

"Save location?" message for geotagging will not go away.

Visitor
Message 1 of 5
Message 1 of 5

"Save location?" message for geotagging will not go away.

This is really frustrating me. Every time I open the official Sony camera app the "Save location?" message for geotagging will appear. I've tried changing this manually within settings. I've ticked the box to say 'Do not show again', but its still keeps appearing.

I've noticed too that my camera settings are not persistent. I have to keep changing them every time I open the app, for example gridlines and sound.

I've cleared the camera app cache and data. I've tried disabling and enabling the app but it will not go away. 

Please help, becuase this is so annoying for every time I want to take a picture.

4 REPLIES 4
Emperor
Message 2 of 5
Message 2 of 5

Re: "Save location?" message for geotagging will not go away.

Do you have any taskillers, clean cache apps, etc?

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Sony Xperia Support
Message 3 of 5
Message 3 of 5

Hi @bit_creepy

Welcome to the community,

When you clear the data from an application you are essentially allowing the notification to appear again.

What @uliwooly has said above is the most likely scenario here, it may very well be that a task killer or antivirus etc is clearing data on the camera app and causing the notification pop.

If you do have an app like this, I would suggest either remove it or if it has a Whitelist, add the camera to it.

Let us know how you get on.

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

Visitor
Message 4 of 5
Message 4 of 5

Thanks for the advice, but I don't have any taskkilling apps or anti virus that I'm aware of. If that was the case then every app would have the cache cleaered. I'm using Greenify and Amplify but these shouldn't be clearing the camaera cache.

Also I'm not clearing the cache ever time I close the the camera app.

Sony Xperia Support
Message 5 of 5
Message 5 of 5

Both Greenify and Amplify could be causing this issue, they are apps that work in the background to improve performance and battery life. Unfortunately, these types of apps can actually cause issues with performance on a device.

I suggest you try removing them restarting your handset and then testing out the camera.

Let me know how you get on.

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.