account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

camera

Message 1 of 4
Message 1 of 4

camera

Every time I try to use the camera, it pulls up the screen it did when i first opened the camera asking if I want to save the location my photos were taken at followed with the switch capturing mode and camera, pressing got it just brings me back to the save location screen in a never ending loop of frustration. my camera still works though,  other apps that have permision to use my camera have no trouble with it.

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Sony Xperia Support
Message 2 of 4
Message 2 of 4

Re: camera

Hi @RandalFurnace, welcome to the community. I am sorry to hear about this.

I recommend you check the permissions of your camera app manually.

To do this please go to Settings > Apps > Camera > Permissions. Turn the location on/off there, then try it again.

If you still have trouble try it in safe mode.

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

Message 3 of 4
Message 3 of 4

I suppose its my own fault for not mentioning that before posting to this forum I:searched forums for similar problems, turned the phone on and off again, manually set the location as on and tried to accept the location being on, set the location off and accepted the location as off before the got it screen, verified that the camera worked with apps that had permision to use it, went into diagnostics and tested the front and rear cameras, tried the camera in safe mode, pretty much the only thing I havent done is a factory reset which I'd like to avoid because I'm pretty sure that means having to hunt down and redownload all my apps. so what I've found is the camera is perfectly fine. It works with every app, probably even with the camera app if I could use it. If I had to make a guess of whats wrong, it would be that after the 8.0 update, something happened to the camera app so that it forgot that i had used it and went through the tutorial B.S. already, now it just pulls up those two introductory screens on a loop. 

Sony Xperia Support
Message 4 of 4
Message 4 of 4

Google will recognise the apps you had installed previously and ask you to reinstall them after you reset the device.

You can perform a backup using Xperia Companion. Try the reset, or a software repair using Xperia Companion which will completely reinstall Android.

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.