account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

camera app is not working.

One time poster
Message 1 of 2
Message 1 of 2

camera app is not working.

I cant get the camera to work. It says that it is open in another app and I have to close it. But it is not open at All in Any apps. What do I do

1 REPLY 1
Sony Xperia Support
Message 2 of 2
Message 2 of 2

Re: camera app is not working.

Hi @GinaD86, I am  sorry to hear about this. Which Xperia model do you have?

Firstly I would suggest that you try to clear the data for the Camera app in your phone. By doing this you will reset all settings and data for the camera app which might do the trick. In order to do this, follow the instructions below.

Android 7 or lower: Find and tap "Settings" > Tap "Apps" > Tap "Camera" > Tap "Storage" > Tap "Clear data" > Tap "OK" > Restart the phone.

Android 8 or 9: Find and tap "Settings" > Tap "Apps and notifications" > App info/Show all XX apps > Tap "Camera" > Tap "Storage" > Tap "Clear data" > Tap "OK" > Restart the phone.

Another thing that you can try is to restart your phone in safe mode. All apps downloaded from Play Store is deactivated in safe mode and by doing so you can see if there is a downloaded app causing this. For more information on safe mode and how to use it, please click here

If none of these measures manages to open the camera app successfully I suggest that you perform a software repair using a computer and Xperia Companion. Please note though that a software repair will eras all user data, so make sure to do a backup before the repair in order to prevent loss of images, contacts, messages etc.

Try these measures and let me know how it goes! Slightly smiling Face

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.