account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Xperia xa1 ultra rear camera is foggy and does not focus after replacing the screen

One time poster
Message 1 of 2
Message 1 of 2

Xperia xa1 ultra rear camera is foggy and does not focus after replacing the screen

Hi 

So I had my xa1 ultras screen replaced after it was broken. Since the screen replacement my rear camera is not focusing and seems very foggy. I had it back where i had screen done and the lens and all was cleaned and you can see there is no dirt or scratches or any damage to the camera or lense but still its the same.

Is there a  way to fix this or is a camera replacement the only option to solve the problem.

Regards 

1 REPLY 1
Sony Xperia Support
Message 2 of 2
Message 2 of 2

Re: Xperia xa1 ultra rear camera is foggy and does not focus after replacing the screen

Hi @SnaggyChris, sorry to hear about this. Slightly frowning Face

Can you please check if there is something covering the rear camera lens on your device? The service centre that repaired the device may have put some kind of plastic film on the device to protect it during shipping.

If there is no plastic film or similar covering the lens, something must have happened during the repair of the screen and I can only refer you to get in touch with the service centre.

Let me know how it goes!

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.