account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

Xperia Z5 Compact Camera not working

SOLVED
Apprentice
Message 1 of 12
Message 1 of 12

Xperia Z5 Compact Camera not working

Hey!

Yesterday I turned off and restarted my Sony Zperia Z5 Compact -phone and I noticed that the camera won't work. When I lauch the camera, the screen is just black and after a little while there comes a notificationsomething like "Camera is not working" and "Restart the application" (Notifications in my phone are in Finnish, so these are just quick translations of them). When I restart the camera application, I get another notification which is something like "Camera has stopped multiple times" and "Close the application".

I don't know what happened when I turned off and restarted my phone yesterday. It has android 7.1.1, I don't know if it matters. I want my camera to start work again, please help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Pioneer
Message 8 of 12
Message 8 of 12

Re: Xperia Z5 Compact Camera not working

Then I would say that you have a hardware problem, so you don’t have anything to do but but contact with your local service, I’m sorry...

11 REPLIES 11
Apprentice
Message 2 of 12
Message 2 of 12

It's stiill not working. Please help!!

Pioneer
Message 3 of 12
Message 3 of 12

Have you tried software repair trough the computer with Sony Companion?

Emperor
Message 4 of 12
Message 4 of 12

@susuz11su

I agree, you might want to repair it with XC 

Xperia Companion (XC)

Software Repair Guide

Alternatives on How to backup Xperias

http://talk.sonymobile.com/thread/36355

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Apprentice
Message 5 of 12
Message 5 of 12

Xperia Companion didn't help at all. Camera still doesn't work. I don't know what to do, please help.

Pioneer
Message 6 of 12
Message 6 of 12

Try dialing *#*#7378423#*#*

This give you access to service menu, where you can try the camera hardware. Also you can try with thir party camera applications downloading them from Play Store

Highlighted
Apprentice
Message 7 of 12
Message 7 of 12

Thank you for help!

I tried that and service test on camera says that camera is not connected and "failed to connect to camera". Third party camera applications don't work either. I'm getting hopeless with this... Slightly frowning Face

Pioneer
Message 8 of 12
Message 8 of 12

Then I would say that you have a hardware problem, so you don’t have anything to do but but contact with your local service, I’m sorry...

Apprentice
Message 9 of 12
Message 9 of 12

I'll do that! Thanks anyway! Slightly smiling Face

Visitor
Message 10 of 12
Message 10 of 12

I have exactly the same problem. I even have the camera replaced and still is not working.