account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Xperia XZ Premium Camera crashes phone often

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 1 of 13
Message 1 of 13

Xperia XZ Premium Camera crashes phone often

When I start the camera over the camera-key the phone crashes and restarts regularly. What can I do to provide some insight on that?

Best,

julius

12 REPLIES 12
Highlighted
Adept
Message 2 of 13
Message 2 of 13

Re: Xperia XZ Premium Camera crashes phone often

View Android exception logs would be a direct way, but may be too complicate for you.

https://developer.android.com/studio/debug/am-logcat.html

Highlighted
Forum Legend
Message 3 of 13
Message 3 of 13

@JuliusKoroll: does this happen when you are on safe mode??

does it happen when using 3rd party apps like skype?

is youd sd card prepared properly?

try to perform software repair using Xperia Companion,

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Learn to take care and troubleshoot your Device here:
Xperia Support by Sony: https://support.sonymobile.com/global-en/
Highlighted
Apprentice
Message 4 of 13
Message 4 of 13

I also have this problem. The first camera launch is successful after each boot. But when I left the camera application and start it again, the phone might randomly restart. Here I mean the stock camera application. 

This only appears after I have upgraded to 45.0.A.5.1. I have tried formatting the SD card but there was no luck. 

Learner
Message 5 of 13
Message 5 of 13

Hi,

I have the same problem. The Camera crashes randomly when I want to start it by hardware button. I also tried to choose store pictures into internal storage with no success. The issue still persists. Is there any response from Sony support?

Highlighted
Apprentice
Message 6 of 13
Message 6 of 13

I'm not sure where the support staff is. 

It's frustrating to get along with XZ Premium. I love it's appearance, but it's annoying to have the phone restarted whenever you start the camera. Not to mention camera distortion and WiFi signal drop are still outstanding.

This is quite disappointing and I might just get an iPhone 8 later as these problems make the phone unusable. 

Highlighted
Apprentice
Message 7 of 13
Message 7 of 13

Panic restart when starting camera

Hi Sony Support 

I think the following problem didn't catch your attention in the Camera section. 

https://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Camera/Xperia-XZ-Premium-Camera-crashes-phone-often/m-p/1240482

When the stock camera app starts, the phone might just panic and restart. There was no luck by erasing data of the camera app or changing camera storage to internal memory. 

I don't want to ditch the phone. This is a flagship model and it is disappointing that it encounters major drawbacks - panic restart, camera distortion, WiFi signal drop. 

Please help to fix these problems. Thanks. 

Highlighted
Commissioner
Message 8 of 13
Message 8 of 13

Re: Panic restart when starting camera

The other thread you mentioned raised a question no one answered. Does it happen in SAFE MODE ? 

In order to help you need to collaborate. 

Highlighted
Talent
Message 9 of 13
Message 9 of 13

I have expirienced similar behavior a couple of times both with the camera button and locking but it's just like every 3-4 days. 

Highlighted
Talent
Message 10 of 13
Message 10 of 13

Re: Panic restart when starting camera

I have seen similar behavior and reported it here: https://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Xperia-XZ-Premium/Reaccuring-system-incidents-crashs-restart/m-p/1237...

It's only happening every couple of days so not a big bother so far (also did not have a single occurrence since I reported it) 

Too few occurences to really check against safe mode.