account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

Xperia XZ Camera Error

Highlighted
Learner
Message 1 of 9
Message 1 of 9

Xperia XZ Camera Error

Today I open my camera and the screen is red and made like palpitations, it is just the back camera, the front one is all good 

8 REPLIES 8
Emperor
Message 2 of 9
Message 2 of 9

Re: Xperia XZ Camer Error

@Matteo_An

settings > apps > camera > clear the app data > restart the phone > settings > about phone > diagnostics > test > test the camera.

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Sony Xperia Support
Message 3 of 9
Message 3 of 9

Re: Xperia XZ Camera Error

Hi @Matteo_An and welcome to the community.

I'm sorry to hear this. As @uliwooly recommended you can test your camera in the built in diagnostics tool in your device. To do so, go to: Settings > About phone > Diagnostic > Test > Camera. How does the camera behave in this test?

I'd also recommend that you reboot your phone to safe mode to see if this behavior is caused by one of you downloaded apps as these will be temporarily disabled in this mode.

If there is no change in safe mode you can perform a software repair using Xperia Companion in order to rule out that nothing software related is caused this behavior with your camera.

Let us know how it goes.

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

Message 4 of 9
Message 4 of 9

Also if possible, can you grab a screenshot of the issue by holding down power button then selecting screenshot, or by pressing power + volume down at same time.

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views.
Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Visitor
Message 5 of 9
Message 5 of 9

Hello.

I also have this problem. Yesterday the screen on back camera was pink with stripes, for some time, and then again only the black. I made diagnostics, rebooted, repaired with companion, and nothing helps. Front camera is ok. Back camera record video, which is impossible to open, when make photo get thisScreenshot_20170919-132926.png

Telephone bought 1 month ago, never been dropped. Very dissapointing (

Learner
Message 6 of 9
Message 6 of 9

Dear Belder, hello

I have same problem like your camera problem,  did you solve this? How?

Thank you

Sony Xperia Support
Message 7 of 9
Message 7 of 9

Hi @Gurkanisci,

I'm sorry to hear this. Slightly frowning Face

Have you tried any of the troubleshooting suggested in this thread?

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

Visitor
Message 8 of 9
Message 8 of 9

Dear Gurkanisci,

I had a problem with camera itself. So it was replaced as a warranty.

A98
Visitor
Message 9 of 9
Message 9 of 9

Sony customer service is bad I never ever buy Sony products again shame on you 👎