account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Xperia XA2 ultra camera apps keep on stopping issues

SOLVED
Learner
Message 1 of 7
Message 1 of 7

Xperia XA2 ultra camera apps keep on stopping issues

What will I do whenever i open my camera ox xa2 ultra it says. . camera keeps on stopping.. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Learner
Message 3 of 7
Message 3 of 7

Re: Xperia XA2 ultra camera apps keep on stopping issues

still doesnt work even if i clear da data and strage of the camera. wht will i do

6 REPLIES 6
Sony Xperia Support
Message 2 of 7
Message 2 of 7

Hi @Jonjonpo, let me see if I can be of any help here!

Firstly I suggest that you check if there is any available software updates for the device. The easiest way to do this is to find and tap Settings > System > Advanced > Software update.

Have you tried clearing data for the camera app? This will reset all settings for the app which might do the trick. In order to do this, find and tap Settings > Tap Apps and notifications > Tap App information/See all XX apps > Camera > Storage > Clear data > Tap "OK". 

Another thing you can try is to reboot your phone in Safe mode and see if the camera app is behaving any different. All apps downloaded from Play store is temporarily disabled in safe mode and by doing this you can see whether a downloaded app is causing this. For more information on safe mode and how to use it, see this link.

Try these measures and let me know how it goes! Slightly smiling Face

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

Learner
Message 3 of 7
Message 3 of 7

still doesnt work even if i clear da data and strage of the camera. wht will i do

Sony Xperia Support
Message 4 of 7
Message 4 of 7

Thank you @Jonjonpo for your reply!

As i mentioned you can try to reboot your phone in safe mode in order to see if the camera behaves differently there. All apps downloaded from Play store is temporarily disabled in safe mode and by doing this you can see whether a downloaded app is causing this. For more information on safe mode and how to use it, click here.

If the camera keeps on stopping in safe mode, I suggest that you try to perform a software repair using a computer and Xperia Companion. Please note though that a software repair will erase all user data, so remember to do a backup of your user data first in order to prevent data loss. 

Try this and let me know how it goes! 

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

Learner
Message 5 of 7
Message 5 of 7

Still doesnt work even in safemode keeps on stopping.. Intried repair also the same result. But in other apps the camera works. Even in support apps test.. The camera works. I think its the camera apps that has a problem

Learner
Message 6 of 7
Message 6 of 7

Still doesnt work even in safemode keeps on stopping.. Intried repair also the same result. But in other apps the camera works. Even in support apps test.. The camera works. I think its the camera apps that has a proble

Sony Xperia Support
Message 7 of 7
Message 7 of 7

Hi again @Jonjonpo.

If the software repair do not manage to improve the functionality of the camera app, I suggest that you get in contact with your local support team in order to have your phone sent to an authorized service center. If you have any questions regarding the service, such as routines, warranty and consumer laws, these type of questions are best answered by your local support team as well, as they vary between markets.

Let me know if there is anything else i can help you with!