account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

Xperia XA2 Ultra camera app not working

One time poster
Message 1 of 22
Message 1 of 22

Xperia XA2 Ultra camera app not working

Rear camera of h3223 not working when starting camera app that came with phone. Troubleshooting the issue with other camera app results with same issue. I tried resetting the phone and the camera still does not work.

An app I downloaded says the phone has two front cameras one 15mega and one 8mega. Did the software got rewritten to show two front cameras??

Also a flashlight app I'm using says it can't start cause the hardware is in use.  I ask myself what hardware the camera... I this issue related to the camera?

Also downloading another camera app dont work because it only sees the front camera and when switching to rear doesn't let me.

The rear camera sometimes on rare occasions work then when closing the app and turn on again it won't work and comes up with the same error. 

What is the use of this phone if the main camera don't work. Besides taking photos I use it to scan bar codes/qr codes. It's hard to use the front camera to do that.

I just got this phone recently.  Very disappointing to have it not working properly. Is there a fix cause the recent update did do anything to fix this problem. 

21 REPLIES 21
One time poster
Message 2 of 22
Message 2 of 22

Re: Xperia XA2 Ultra camera app not working

Going through the same thing. Any progress?

Message 3 of 22
Message 3 of 22

Same here, since from 2weeks ago suddenly camera app stopped working, i tried restart phone, it will work then again will not work,  same in messanger, whatsapp etc app using the camera it will stop, whenver i open camera app it says restart camera or/ and device, i also tried cleaning the cache and data of camera app, but its just same as restarting, it will work for a moment and will suddenly stopped again, this is very frustrating, in any forum we  cannot see any solution nor any answer from SONY!!! 

Apprentice
Message 4 of 22
Message 4 of 22

Me too. I've been searching for any solution but nothing works. I really need help! 😣 

Apprentice
Message 5 of 22
Message 5 of 22

Hey. Any progress? 

One time poster
Message 6 of 22
Message 6 of 22

Same here. Only 2 front cameras are working, I tried many times and also send the phone to the warranty center but they said that it was my fault. Seriously? Sony? After seeing many ppl have the same problem I'm very dissapointed. That's why you guys can not sale Slightly smiling Face

One time poster
Message 7 of 22
Message 7 of 22

It is happening to me just the same problem with the camera and nobody has the solution

Ami me esta pasando justamente el mismo problema con la cámara y nadie tiene la solución 

@F56l 

I've edited your post as this is an English only forum, you can use Google Translate to reply and/or post.

Qua
One time poster
Message 8 of 22
Message 8 of 22

@F56l wrote:

It is happening to me just the same problem with the camera and nobody has the solution

Ami me esta pasando justamente el mismo problema con la cámara y nadie tiene la solución 

@F56l 

I've edited your post as this is an English only forum, you can use Google Translate to reply and/or post.

Same here 

Reset phone and still same proplem

Hope to solve soon

One time poster
Message 9 of 22
Message 9 of 22

force the closing of the camera in settings. Also, close all applications (app).

Then restart the cellular and, done.
That worked for me

One time poster
Message 10 of 22
Message 10 of 22

Hi

I have a similar problem since my screen was replaced by a new one, and the offical camera app starts with black screen and then it shows an error message saying something like "Camera still failing"...

However, with other camera apps from Playstore it works! Like Open Camera and Camera MX.

So, is it a bug related to the offical camera app? If so, I hope it will be fixed.

Thanks