account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

Xperia XA2 Ultra camera app not working

One time poster
Message 11 of 22
Message 11 of 22

Re: Xperia XA2 Ultra camera app not working

My camera work now

Highlighted
Visitor
Message 12 of 22
Message 12 of 22

Not just my rear camera, but the flash/flashlight as well. Was starting to come and go after the update to Pie. Now 3 weeks later rear camera is completely out as well as light. I can't get another new phone. 3rd one in a year. No. Sony whats up. Google what's up. Update this..

Anybody having this issue?

One time poster
Message 13 of 22
Message 13 of 22

I have the same problem, its annoying. Did you solved it? 

One time poster
Message 14 of 22
Message 14 of 22

Is there a way out because l truly adore xperia xa2ultra

One time poster
Message 15 of 22
Message 15 of 22

I've had my Xperia UltraA2 for just over a year now and it recently started having this same problem with the rear camera not working / the flashlight not turning on. I have tried the numerous approaches mentioned here (clear cache, clear data, reset settings) and the camera still does not work.

During one of these attempts, the rear camera momentarily came on long enough to freeze its first image on the screen and then the "camera not working" error message yesterday.

I like this phone and very much hope that Sony finds a way to remedy this problem soon!

staying tuned to this forum. 

One time poster
Message 16 of 22
Message 16 of 22

S

@PurplePest wrote:

I've had my Xperia UltraA2 for just over a year now and it recently started having this same problem with the rear camera not working / the flashlight not turning on. I have tried the numerous approaches mentioned here (clear cache, clear data, reset settings) and the camera still does not work.

During one of these attempts, the rear camera momentarily came on long enough to freeze its first image on the screen and then the "camera not working" error message yesterday.

I like this phone and very much hope that Sony finds a way to remedy this problem soon!

staying tuned to this forum. 

ame probleme here. Rear camera started failling after Update Android 9.

Sony should do something!

One time poster
Message 17 of 22
Message 17 of 22

Made an account to post about this.

Couple days back my Sony XA2 Ultra rear camera has stopped working. I tried everything from clearing cache, disabling, restarting, force stopping, even resetting the phone, but nothing has helped. Even the flash light has topped working. 

Is anyone from Sony looking at this? How can I rollback the update?

One time poster
Message 18 of 22
Message 18 of 22

What worked for me was pressing the sides of the (rear) cam. I think this problem started to occur when I dropped my phone. I'm about to bring it to a repair shop by next week bec maybe the camera loosened. 

Visitor
Message 19 of 22
Message 19 of 22

Not sure if anyone's gotten this issue fixed. I noticed this issue with my xperia this morning and I've been messing with everything myself. I got it to work again, been running solid for about two hours now. I went into support and my phone suggested to troubleshoot and put it in safe mode and see if the camera/flashlight work in safe mode to see if it's like a third party app? Causing conflict. And my camera/flashlight worked in safe mode. I restarted it again to put my phone in normal mode and the camera/flashlight were still working. 

Visitor
Message 20 of 22
Message 20 of 22

Update... Went back to being messed up -. - 

@BambiNix wrote:

Not sure if anyone's gotten this issue fixed. I noticed this issue with my xperia this morning and I've been messing with everything myself. I got it to work again, been running solid for about two hours now. I went into support and my phone suggested to troubleshoot and put it in safe mode and see if the camera/flashlight work in safe mode to see if it's like a third party app? Causing conflict. And my camera/flashlight worked in safe mode. I restarted it again to put my phone in normal mode and the camera/flashlight were still working.