account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Xperia XA1 ultra camera won't focus

Learner
Message 1 of 11
Message 1 of 11

Xperia XA1 ultra camera won't focus

my back camera won't focus. I tried everything, but every photo that far away comes out blurry. only when it's really close, will it focus, but the moment I start to back away from the object it goes out of focus. what can i do?

10 REPLIES 10
Pioneer
Message 2 of 11
Message 2 of 11

Re: Xperia XA1 ultra camera won't focus

Have you tried manual focus? What do you mean with “close”? Take into account that is not possible to get much details taking photos of objects at more than 5 or 6 meters away...

Learner
Message 3 of 11
Message 3 of 11

DSC_0810.JPG

DSC_0809.JPG

DSC_0808.JPG

I did try manual focus. But I keep getting these type of blurry photos. I attached some pictures I took with my manual focus on and with the automatic focus. My laptop is literally in front of me. And with close I mean I need to place my phone all the way up the screen to focus on what's displayed. 

Pioneer
Message 4 of 11
Message 4 of 11

Okay. Your camera doesn’t focus. I understood from your first message that you could take clear pictures of objects close to you, but as seen in your attached pictures, you can’t take clear pictures at all... Is the phone new or it worked well before and started to work this way all of a sudden?

Some ideas you can try:

- Clean the lens properly with a dry cloth for cleaning glasses (for example)

- Try safe mode

- Try another camera app

I hope you find the solution to your problem

One time poster
Message 5 of 11
Message 5 of 11

Hi!

Did you fixed your camera? I have the same problem. I tried apps, clean and even restart my phone and still would not work

One time poster
Message 6 of 11
Message 6 of 11

Same here. I am not trying to buy a new phone or repair this one ☹️

Regular
Message 7 of 11
Message 7 of 11

They informed me at my repair shop, it's not worth getting it fixed. I also the phone back to Sony and they said nothing was wrong wirh the phone. 

Visitor
Message 8 of 11
Message 8 of 11

Hi there! I have the same problem and tried everything without any results. Some months ago, while I was trying to get help online, I read that people with the same issue think that the problem was due to an Android update - I am not sure which, but it had to be during the first half of 2018, if I'm not wrong.

The only sure thing is that it is very annoying and personally I am very disappointed... 

Emperor
Message 9 of 11
Message 9 of 11

@Grammen 

could you elaborate? have you inspected the camera lens?

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Visitor
Message 10 of 11
Message 10 of 11

So are you saying that it is actually a hardware and not a software issue?

The answer to your question is no, because I have difficulty in finding an official SONY service spot close to where I live and also because my camera works fine at a very close distance (< 5cm / 2.5in).

So, here is what I have done so far (some of them may seem obvious but I'll mention them anyway):

a) Restart the phone.

b) Run the diagnostics for camera

c) Try the manual operation (i.e. choosing the "scenery" option, etc.)

d) Download and try various different camera apps.

That is all I can think of right now with no results whatsoever. I even thought of restoring the phone back to factory settings but I don't dare to do so.

I hope that helps a bit.

The following photos have been taken with the same camera, with the second one beong taken at a very short distance. 

15578743764421473685946.jpg

15578744062381922697155.jpg