account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Xperia XA Camera Issues

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 1 of 1
Message 1 of 1

Xperia XA Camera Issues

I bought an Xperia XA [F3115] for my mother, and after a few months, the camera app now only uses front-facing camera, but upside down. The button to switch to main back camera isn't there anymore. I have tried to 'factory reset', did not change anything. Tried 'safe mode', did not change anything. Tried 'Xperia Compannion', did not change anything. Tried *#*#7378423#*#* to go to service test, front-facing camera is still upside down and back camera is black-screen. I have also tried disabling the Xperia OS Camera App, downloading a third party camera app, and still no change! Even if the back camera is a hardware failure, I don't understand why the front-facing camera is upside-down, especially when both cameras worked fine since she got the phone until now. I can see in the Xperia forums that other users have experienced the same issue, with no fix, or much support from the Sony Support Teams besides 'safe mode' or 'Xperia Compannion', then it's pretty much silence from the Xperia Support Team! Which gives me the impression that Sony are aware of this issue and it is a manufacturing fault in the build of the phone. This message is coming from an Xperia user since the Ericsson days!

Sony Support... Please do not send me to more forums. Just tell me where to get it fixed by you, at no cost to me, or replacement, or full refund for a faulty product. Please do the right thing, as comments seem to suggest that yours support for customers is lacking!