account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

XZ's Camera Overheating When Taking Video 1080p @60fps.

Adviser
Message 11 of 27
Message 11 of 27

Re: XZ's Camera Overheating When Taking Video 1080p @60fps.

Sony should supply piezoelectric cooling cases for these phones, so we can actually use them?

Or is the main reason that they're water proof, so we can store them in our icebox together with the drinks?

Inhabitant
Message 12 of 27
Message 12 of 27

Your are not alone with this situation on the XZ...

I also have heating problems, mainly when using the camera either on photo, 1080p/30fps and especially when filming in 1080/60 or 4K. The 10 minutes mark is an achievement with my XZ and the phone has to be on idle for a while before using the camera and air temperature has to be fairly cold... 

So taking pictures of two dogs catching tennis balls on the beach as advertised by Sony is a NO NO for me. And it ain't because i don't have a dog! ... Angry Face

Learner
Message 13 of 27
Message 13 of 27

Although the overheating message pops out, doesn't mean it really hot as we feel, just other phone don't have overheating alert

Adviser
Message 14 of 27
Message 14 of 27

Then please don't kill my recording! Lolololol
Inhabitant
Message 15 of 27
Message 15 of 27

I noticed that thermal threshold limit is around 50-55C on most sensors and some off them get a little bit higher when the camera app shuts down.

Maybe Sony could release a firmware with higher threshold if the hardware could resist. Secundary effect would probably be shorter life of the components (before warranty period finishes) and that wouldn't be economically viable for them.... :smileysmileywink: 

Learner
Message 16 of 27
Message 16 of 27

It is very sad that you buy Mobile has been promoted on the basis of the camera and the tremendous advantages and can be used to capture the important moments in your life as promoted by Sony I think that Sony Corporation has exercised a kind of monument on the customers in the phone XZ.

Also it's sad and silly at the same time is to ignore the views of the people and the lack of mistakes recognition even when we're talking on Sony's official website did not interfere with anyone by Sony to respond to a proposal or solution company did not go out and vowed to solve the problem.

I do not know what Sony engineers are doing since the appearance of problems in xperia Z until xperia XZ What they made to resolve the problem and they know that the biggest reason for declining sales and the loss of clients were big fan of sony phones

I hope someone in sony officials has dignity to reply or apology to customers

Adept
Message 17 of 27
Message 17 of 27

Hi,

I have fully same issue with you and you can find my message in this forum.

I made various testing and learned that this issue is related to face tracking feature.

If you record a person, camera tracks a face and it effect to the temperature.

But if you record a landscape or things, the recording time would be longer than portrait recording.

I don't know what the above is correct, but i'm sure that this is irritated issue.

Adviser
Message 18 of 27
Message 18 of 27

Camera Overheating Issues got worse after Nougat update

It was disappointing enough that the camera max out at 2-3 mins of 1080p@60fps video taking due to heat issues and that's after suggestions from forum members to disable object tracking, but after Nougat update, the best I've managed is 1:15 mins.

The phone heats up very fast on Nougat compared to Marshmallow when I start the camera app (even without taking any pics or video).

Guys from Sony, if you are reading this, please investigate and rectify.
Commissioner
Message 19 of 27
Message 19 of 27

Camera overheat shutdown warning

I can only record three minutes of video on my XZ before the camera app shuts down due to overheating. Really?
Learner
Message 20 of 27
Message 20 of 27

Re: Camera overheat shutdown warning

You can add me to the list.. xz single sim, Nougat, several hard resets and software recovery through Xperia companion app to no avail

3-5 mins of photo or video recording. 1 minute of 4k srsly. I thought heating issues are history after z5 story, but now I'm dreaming bout getting my z5 back cause it was ice cold comparing to xz. I could use the z5 camera times longer than xz is able to offer...

Sony, why?