account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

XZ Premium camera issue (dark screen)

Learner
Message 1 of 5
Message 1 of 5

XZ Premium camera issue (dark screen)

Having issues with camera on my new xz premium, when doing a video the video/screen is so dark that it makes it a waste of time trying to record anything as you can't see what you are trying to film, here is a screenshot, it is even dark with the phone light turned on its ridiculous 1000.png

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Message 2 of 5

Re: XZ Premium camera issue (dark screen)

When using 920fps slow mo or 4k video mode, you really need a well lit area to record in. 

Things have improved in Android 8 though. Ive just taken these pictures in my office which has no lights on and its not very bright in the office. 

Screenshot_20171124-120218.png4k selectedScreenshot_20171124-120257.png60FPS HD selected

Learner
Message 3 of 5
Message 3 of 5

Mine unfortunately don't look like that

Pioneer
Message 4 of 5
Message 4 of 5

Hi @imaggot,

Does it do this with all videos (i.e. outside in the sunlight and indoors in artifial lighting)? Or just indoor videos? Have you tried to adust the "brightness" settings (gear icon-->Color and brightness)?

If that doesn't work, see if you have the same problem in Safe Mode... Post back here with your results.

• I can't help you if you don't tell me what mobile device you're using & what version of Android it is running, in English (you can use Google Translate - http://translate.google.com).
  • The more information you can give me, the easier I can help you!
  •  Please kudo this post if you think it has been helpful; or mark it as the "solution" if it fixed your problem, so that other users facing the same issue can find the solution!
Highlighted
One time poster
Message 5 of 5
Message 5 of 5

i updated to android oreo 8.0 but the camera screen is still too dark (under indoor lighting) too dark to take any footage. please advise.