account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

XA2 Ultra Front camera - "unknown error"

Commissioner
Message 1 of 3
Message 1 of 3

XA2 Ultra Front camera - "unknown error"

If I switch the XA2 Ultra camera to the front camera setting, the app starts as expected, but within moments shows a message "unknown error", and the camera app freezes. All other camera functions are normal. If I use the Sony built-in hardware test, the rear camera and the front wide angle cameras  function, but the standard front camera brings up the error once again. Alternately, perhaps there's some way of ensuring that when I switch to the front camera it brings up the wide-angle camera by default. As it stands, the control that would normally bring me from the standard front camera to the wide-angle front camera doesn't work. The camera app freezes before I can access that control properly.

Any ideas? Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Emperor
Message 2 of 3
Message 2 of 3

Re: Front camera - "unknown error"

@pseudonym 

The first thing to try is

Settings > apps & info > camera > storage > clear data > restart the phone > check again

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Highlighted
Commissioner
Message 3 of 3
Message 3 of 3

Re: Front camera - "unknown error"

I have cleared the data. I have fully reset the phone, and the problem persists. So, is it possible to set the front facing camera so that it first opens using the wide angle (which works) rather than the standard lens?Can I start camera app with wide-angle?Can I start camera app with wide-angle?