account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Will the XZ1 (compact) get the new XZ2 (compact) camera software/algorithms?

Adviser
Message 1 of 9
Message 1 of 9

Will the XZ1 (compact) get the new XZ2 (compact) camera software/algorithms?

I have just read an article with a first look on / first review of the newer XZ2 (compact).

You can find it here (german language).

http://www.areamobile.de/handys/7328-sony-xperia-xz2/testbericht/sony-xperia-xz2-compact-im-ersten-t...

The interesting part is this one:

Auch ist der verwendete 19-Megapixel-Bildsensor derselbe, wie er schon in den Xperia-XZ1-Modellen vorzufinden ist. Durch die überarbeitete Bildverarbeitungssoftware soll die neue Motion-Eye-Kamera allerdings trotzdem bessere und rauschärmere Fotos machen.

Fast translation:

Also the used 19-megapixel-image-sensor is the same on already found in the xperia xz1 models. Because of a revised image processing software the motion-eye-camera nevertheless should make better and lower noise pictures.

The question is:

Will Sony make the software also available for the XZ1 series (and perhaps XZ Premium)?

8 REPLIES 8
Inhabitant
Message 2 of 9
Message 2 of 9

Re: Will the XZ1 (compact) get the new XZ2 (compact) camera software/algorithms?

I really hope so. More than anything I would like them to make available 1080p video at 960fps for the XZ1 family. 

Talent
Message 3 of 9
Message 3 of 9

New Camera Features From XZ2 Series

May I know is that possible for XZ1 series get updated with the latest camera features from XZ2 series, since they are using the same 19mp sensor but with different SD835/845. _Thanks

https://www.gsmarena.com/sony_officially_unveils_its_new_xperia_xz2_and_xz2_compact_flagships-news-2...

..........craving for HDR photo/video shot.

Enthusiast
Message 4 of 9
Message 4 of 9

Re: New Camera Features From XZ2 Series

Unlikely.

However, through a collaboration with Qualcomm on the Snapdragon 845 ISP and the software to go with it, the XZ2 and XZ2 Compact offer a new generation BIONZ image processing algorithm/architecture.

Talent
Message 5 of 9
Message 5 of 9

I like all the new features from XZ2 series, except the design. Hope that sony can show some love to XZ1 series by upgrading the camera software. 

Talent
Message 6 of 9
Message 6 of 9

Maybe they can bring the full hd super slowmotion, because it just ups the resolution and halfs the time. But I dont think they will.

Highlighted
Inhabitant
Message 7 of 9
Message 7 of 9

I hope they will, I'll be more than satisfied with full hd slow motion. They did it with 3D creator and XZ Premium, let's wait and see.

Learner
Message 8 of 9
Message 8 of 9

Re: Will the XZ1 (compact) get the new XZ2 (compact) camera software/algorithms?

I don't mind about the new features, but I really want the new image processing. I saw pictures taken from the XZ2, for the first time Sony proves they can do as good as its competitors!

One time poster
Message 9 of 9
Message 9 of 9

Despite the new Image processor, usually what can be achivied by hardware processing can be emulated by software too (slower), therefore i think it's technically possible (if that "slower" is not "unuseably slow"). But there are strong commercial resons for not implementing it on an older model.