account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Why no more tree dots navigation bar?

Commissioner
Message 1 of 9
Message 1 of 9

Why no more tree dots navigation bar?

Hi Community,

I report my disappointment about a detail of the new camera app after Android 7 update.

Why the icons in the navigation bar of the app passed from tree dots to stock Sony shapes?

The tree dots are more useful cause don't give element of distraction when taking shots and give a more clean, elegant and minimalistic UI to see and,especially, to use.

I hope in a reverse in future updates, I know a lot of users would it back!

8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Emperor
Message 2 of 9
Message 2 of 9

Re: Why no more tree dots navigation bar?

@Alessio_84

could you elaborate, screenshots will help get your point accross 

Xperia Tutorial Photography

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Highlighted
Commissioner
Message 3 of 9
Message 3 of 9

Hi @uliwooly

The question is very simple. As you can sess in the screenshot below, in the navigation bar of the Camera app there are not nomore the tree dots as icons for the "back, home and recent" buttons after Android 7 update.

Screenshot_20170121-140302.png

Highlighted
Emperor
Message 4 of 9
Message 4 of 9

@Alessio_84

Wait what? 

@Alessio_84 wrote:

@hi @uliwooly

there are not nomore the tree dots as icons

I don't quite follow.

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Highlighted
Commissioner
Message 5 of 9
Message 5 of 9

@uliwooly

Sorry, I don't undestand what you write or want to know. I report a screenshot as you asked me and what I have written is clear, I think. Perhaps you are joking me..?

Highlighted
Emperor
Message 6 of 9
Message 6 of 9

double negatives are ambiguous, I think you are wondering about the newer camera UI 2.0, let's call it Camera UI 2.1

Screenshot_20160526-113840.png

Are you referring to dots instead of the icons? 

Highlighted
Commissioner
Message 7 of 9
Message 7 of 9

Sorry for my english error, I am more confident with a most complex and refined language, the italian.

I have an X Compact updated to Android 7, latest firmware. As you can see in my screenshot, I have not the tree dots (recent, hom, back) in the navbar, but the standard icons of Sony's UI.

I see you have the tree dots; which version of Android and phone do you have? Is it only a my problem?

Highlighted
Emperor
Message 8 of 9
Message 8 of 9

@Alessio_84

Those screenshots were taken when the camera UI 2.0 was released, as of right now I have the icons, that's why I called it Camera UI 2.1. 

send your feedback to Sony >>> Local support 

I'll also escalate this 

Highlighted
Commissioner
Message 9 of 9
Message 9 of 9

@uliwooly

I don't think that write to Local Support can be useful (or read). I hope someone of Sony can answer us about to clear us the situation.

However, thanks for now, really! :smileysmileythumbsup: