account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Why is the camera app on xz premium still not good after update to oreo?

Rookie
Message 1 of 3
Message 1 of 3

Why is the camera app on xz premium still not good after update to oreo?

After a period of using xz premium  I realized that the camera app on xz premium is still not good. 

When in low light but not dark, images quality cannot maintain the detail and sharpness. They are in blur so much. 

But when using an IPhone or Samsung (same flagship level of Sony Xperia ) in the same condition, the quality of images is better than Sony. It is smooth, lookable, good details. 

I thinks Sony has the good camera hardware but you can do well in the camera software.

This problem existed too long ago, but now it cannot be fixed. 

I'm very sad when I have to say with my friends about this fact and introduce them with other brands.

Can Sony make believe anymore?

The other brands can do well in camera software, why Sony cannot?

Please, trying hard and making an excellent camera software in consideration of the hardware for not only xz premium but also other Xperia devices. 

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Veteran
Message 2 of 3
Message 2 of 3

Re: Why is the camera app on xz premium still not good after update to oreo?

In other than perfect lightning condition it is tha matter of aperture (F value) and OIS. 

XZ Premiu has F2.0 which is too high for low light and has no OIS (competition does have it and comes with F1.4 like samsung). You cannot correct it with software. 

Rookie
Message 3 of 3
Message 3 of 3

Re: Why is the camera app on xz premium still not good after update to oreo?

I don't agree with you.

Maybe, Sony need to try hard. 

I know the limit of the mobile phone.

But, an old steady Sony camera DSC-WX220 without ios can do better than camera on the xz premium.

With that advantage, why Sony can do well.