account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Video function disabled

Rookie
Message 1 of 10
Message 1 of 10

Video function disabled

I am using Xperia xz this is the second day of using it
The video after 7 minutes give the message that the functions are currently disabled (face detection, auto scene recognition, object tracking) and tell to wait for your device to cool down and then restart the camera

I have tried using the video camera twice and the same problem I have!
9 REPLIES 9
Emperor
Message 2 of 10
Message 2 of 10

Re: Video function disabled

There's nothing wrong with your phone, the reason you are getting that message it's because your phone it's hot and it disable certain apps/functions to prevent overheating the device. 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Rookie
Message 3 of 10
Message 3 of 10

But why it is giving hot and I wasn't using any program only video camera. In minute 8. It force to closes the Video recording
Emperor
Message 4 of 10
Message 4 of 10

You could boot in > > > safe mode > leave it in safe mode for an hour > then try to use the camera again, see if you experience the same issue. 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Regular
Message 5 of 10
Message 5 of 10

Xperia xz over heating camera

Updated to nougat and still camera disables features after 5 mins of recording and completely closes down just after 10mins. My wife also has this phone and hers does the same thing as does a friend of mine who also has the xz. Can hardly capture the wow if it don't work well to begin with.
Emperor
Message 6 of 10
Message 6 of 10

Re: Xperia xz over heating camera

@Dekrob

Don't create duplicate posts, test the above suggestion

Regular
Message 7 of 10
Message 7 of 10

Above suggestion does not work hence why I am starting a new post. This post was made pre nougat update my is post unless you have the solution don't delete my question. When I am looking for help
Emperor
Message 8 of 10
Message 8 of 10

@Dekrob

There's nothing wrong with your phone, as long as you have other apps running in the background and/or poor network coverage, etc, it will heat the phone faster, the same answer goes for the new update and previous updates. 

Don't create duplicate posts. 

Message 9 of 10
Message 9 of 10

Just tested this on nougat and got to ten minutes without any warnings at all.
I would continue but I suspect I'll see the same results as marshmallow..... 30 minutes roughly on 60fps 1080p

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views.
Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Regular
Message 10 of 10
Message 10 of 10

Do you have any specific settings you are using with the camera app?