account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

The camera may be in use another application. Please close the other application and try again.

Enthusiast
Message 11 of 17
Message 11 of 17

XZ Camera problem

Hello, I have a problem. When i want to open the camera app, i get a message "Error. The camera is using by another app." But there is no other app open. I restart the phone and same message. In diagnose app the front and main camera open all is alright. I cklick there for photo and the window in the diagnose app become green. 

I´m using all stock rom and locked bootloader. What can I do ? 

Emperor
Message 12 of 17
Message 12 of 17

Re: XZ Camera problem

@fetch93

check this out

http://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Camera/The-camera-may-be-in-use-another-application-Please-close-the/m...

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Emperor
Message 13 of 17
Message 13 of 17

Re: The camera may be in use another application. Please close the other application and try again.

@daisuki

Repair the phone with XC

Xperia Companion (XC)

Software Repair Guide

Alternatives on How to backup Xperias

http://talk.sonymobile.com/thread/36355

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 14 of 17
Message 14 of 17

uliwooly hey, doesnt work. And save mode also not. Clear cache also not. 

Learner
Message 15 of 17
Message 15 of 17

Re: The camera may be in use another application. Please close the other application and try again.

i cannot install the xperia companion, i tried so many times to download and intalling it again, what should i do, im using laptop sony viao windows 7. 

error.png

Emperor
Message 16 of 17
Message 16 of 17

@fetch93

repair the phone with XC

Emperor
Message 17 of 17
Message 17 of 17

@daisuki

google the error