account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

Sony Xperia XZ Camera Issues

One time poster
Message 1 of 13
Message 1 of 13

Sony Xperia XZ Camera Issues

Greetings fellow Sony users,

I am an old Sony user and supporter, so I decided to finally update my XZ to 8.0 Oreo Android system. So everything was working fine today until I decided to take a perfect sunset which wasn't in my country because it is very cold. This OS is constantlly asking me for location for camera and doesn't let me proceed to camera at all. Can someone tell me what is going on or shoud I just go back to 7.0 Android? Thank you.

12 REPLIES 12
One time poster
Message 2 of 13
Message 2 of 13

Re: Sony Xperia XZ Camera Issues

@Olltaina wrote:

Greetings fellow Sony users,

I am an old Sony user and supporter, so I decided to finally update my XZ to 8.0 Oreo Android system. So everything was working fine today until I decided to take a perfect sunset which wasn't in my country because it is very cold. This OS is constantlly asking me for location for camera and doesn't let me proceed to camera at all. Can someone tell me what is going on or shoud I just go back to 7.0 Android? Thank you.

Im getting exactly the same issue i have messaged sony with the question but as of yet no fix im not even sure if they are even aware of what im saying.. Would like to get my camera working especially with christmas nearly here! Im using a camera app for now until a fix is released 

Visitor
Message 3 of 13
Message 3 of 13

Yeah same, but can't find any good app. And even when I do I feel like i don't get full potencial of my camera. So, I'm thinking to downgrade my system to 7.1 and to be happy. #JustAndroidThings

Highlighted
Regular
Message 4 of 13
Message 4 of 13

Xperia XZ Camera App stopped working after the Android Oreo 8.0 Update

Hello,

i have an issue this morning with my Camera Application,

Once my SONY Xperia XZ updated with the latest version of Android (Oreo 8.0) everything is good and fonctional, except for the Camera App, it keeps showing the starting tutorial and even if you're done with it, it keeps showing up from the begining wich blocks the acces to the Camera.

• i tried troubleshooting with the support app and the camera is good (no hardware issue)
  • i tried different cameras apps and video recording apps, and it's all good (no 3rd party softs issues)
  • i also tried rebooting in safe mode and it's the same thing.

- Maybe the Camera software is uncompatible with the XZ model or the camera's soft on the Oreo Android is for the Xperia Premium version wich may block the slow-mo feature on the XZ making it impossible to launch the Camera App.

- i Think it will be great if we receive a push notification to update our Camera app so we can enjoy the best Smartphone's Cameras from the best high end Brand on the market.

Love you SONY, please make it quick Slightly smiling Face

Regular
Message 5 of 13
Message 5 of 13

Hello, 

I just had this issue with my phone

Did you guys had a resolution or not yet, because i think it may be a two months issue and updates are coming up with the same technical issue replica 

I believe it's a great phone, that i enjoy a lot for mobile photography. 

Learner
Message 6 of 13
Message 6 of 13

Camera problem after Oreo-8-0 upgrade

After the update my camera stopped working. Always as to save GPS coordinates along with photo. Even if I say yes or  no it comes back to the same screen. Any solutions.

Regular
Message 7 of 13
Message 7 of 13

Re: Camera problem after Oreo-8-0 upgrade

Hello, 

As i can see all Xperia XZ has the same problem with cameras right after updating with the Oreo 8.0, and i don't know why it took a lot of time to send an update for the Camera App, which is not compatible with XZ as it's for other versions of Xperia maybe, 

Any way this update is more like a bêta test then anything, if anyone could avoid updating their phones, they'll be much happier. 

Learner
Message 8 of 13
Message 8 of 13

It was not mentioned that it is a beta test. When are they going to patch the right update. Hope before I fling the mobile from my balcony 😀

Adviced all my friends to never go close to a Sony mobile. 

Visitor
Message 9 of 13
Message 9 of 13

Not after the upgrade ihad this issue but after heating so I can't open any app with cam… 

As well the battery . What should I do?? 

One time poster
Message 10 of 13
Message 10 of 13

Same  happens to me man, have you resolved your problem?