account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

SONY, please, just do these 2 things with XA2 camera and don't touch it again !

Highlighted
Apprentice
Message 1 of 3
Message 1 of 3

SONY, please, just do these 2 things with XA2 camera and don't touch it again !

Hi,

SONY, please, if anyone from the camera software teams is reading this, do these two things under Pie:

- Please, give us back the same photos quality that we had under Oreo after December update

- And then please, leave the sound quality recorded with videos like it is now under Pie - under Oreo it was much worse

.... then please don't touch the camera application again (!)

Countless people are complaining about really bad camera quality under Pie update, and it's really bad indeed - especially low light photos and HDR photos (in both cases photo resolution is very low !!!). Are you at least planning any changes in the camera application that we, customers, get the amazing photo quality again ?

Please, DO this !

2 REPLIES 2
Adviser
Message 2 of 3
Message 2 of 3

Re: SONY, please, just do these 2 things with XA2 camera and don't touch it again !

Also in 120 fps video mode has strange transparent stripes. I hope Sony will fix this camera bug with some later update. I am curious if other Xperia phones have this bug with Pie update.

Apprentice
Message 3 of 3
Message 3 of 3

Re: SONY, please, just do these 2 things with XA2 camera and don't touch it again !

I am using the XZ2 model, too, and it is recording 120fps video without any problems.

I have quite strong feeling that Sony wanted to unify their camera application and they have taken the XZ - series release trying to port this also to older models. But maybe sensor characteristics in case of XA2 or other factors make this impossible in current form.

It's a pity, because I love both XA2 and XZ2 and if there was only wish I could make it would be "make XA2 camera great again" (or give XZ2 a FM radio, which can't happen - so there is only an option to have the XA2 camera quality back ;-) )