account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Remove Unity Technologies ApS Icon from Camera App

SOLVED
Talent
Message 1 of 5
Message 1 of 5

Remove Unity Technologies ApS Icon from Camera App

Suddenly I noticed that there is an icon that looks like a dinosaur on the screen of my camera app.  See attached.

I don't want it there!

How do I get rid of it?

Screenshot_20190217-144141.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Message 5 of 5
Message 5 of 5

Re: Remove Unity Technologies ApS Icon from Camera App

@PeteCal wrote:

Thanks, that worked but now I am stuck in Manual mode.

All the sub-settings are "auto" so maybe I am in auto.

I am getting to really hate this camera app.  I bet that I miss the picture I want about half the time because the app opens in some state that is not ready to grab the picture or something.

I'm not big on getting "professional" photos.  I just want to catch my grand daughter when she does something neat before she is off to something else.  I seem to miss a lot of them.

Is there a camera app that is just "point and shoot" without all these options that I don't understand and have no inkling to study?

Opening the camera will always default to full automatic mode, the icon shown near modes is a shortcut only to last used mode, 

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views.
Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

4 REPLIES 4
Emperor
Message 2 of 5
Message 2 of 5

@PeteCal 

What if you tap on Mode > Manual 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Message 3 of 5
Message 3 of 5

The Icon shows your last used alternative camera mode, if you choose a different camera mode then come back, you will see the icon is different as it will show the last used mode.

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views.

Talent
Message 4 of 5
Message 4 of 5

I am getting to really hate this camera app.  I bet that I miss the picture I want about half the time because the app opens in some state that is not ready to grab the picture or something.

I'm not big on getting "professional" photos.  I just want to catch my grand daughter when she does something neat before she is off to something else.  I seem to miss a lot of them.

Is there a camera app that is just "point and shoot" without all these options that I don't understand and have no inkling to study?

Message 5 of 5
Message 5 of 5

@PeteCal wrote:

Opening the camera will always default to full automatic mode, the icon shown near modes is a shortcut only to last used mode,