account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

My sony xperia zx turns on camera when i want to tak screenshot or turn it of

Rookie
Message 1 of 9
Message 1 of 9

My sony xperia zx turns on camera when i want to tak screenshot or turn it of

Whenever I try to hold power button, it turns on camera. Please help

8 REPLIES 8
Emperor
Message 2 of 9
Message 2 of 9

Re: My sony xperia zx turns on camera when i want to tak screenshot or turn it of

@Patkos22 

Press and hold power & volume down at the same time, it will take a screenshot without a pop up menu

or 

Settings > Display > Interaction > Jump to camera > OFF 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Rookie
Message 3 of 9
Message 3 of 9

Re: My sony xperia zx turns on camera when i want to tak screenshot or turn it of

I turned of jump to camera and now it does not turn on the camera! But still when I hold power button nothing comes up. And when I hold sound down and power button, it locks the phone 

Emperor
Message 4 of 9
Message 4 of 9

@Patkos22 

That could be a hardware issue OR if your phone has a protective case, remove it and try again, keep in mind that you have to press and hold power & volume down for about a second or just press & hold and say "Uliwooly" then release 

When you long press the power button for 2 seconds, what happen?

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Rookie
Message 5 of 9
Message 5 of 9

When I hold power button, no matter how long, it just locks the phone and sometimes unblock it again. When I hold sound and power button it just turns of the sound or locks the phone. I tried to restart whole phone but it helped until I downloaded all apps and stuff

Emperor
Message 6 of 9
Message 6 of 9

@Patkos22 

wait, so it was working fine after restarting the phone but then you experience the same issue?

Could you boot in >>> Safe mode > try to take a screenshot 1) by long pressing the power button and 2) by press and hold power & volume down

Highlighted
Rookie
Message 7 of 9
Message 7 of 9

The problem is that I can't hold the power button because the phone locks itself

Emperor
Message 8 of 9
Message 8 of 9

@Patkos22 

And the phone does not have a protective case correct?

Rookie
Message 9 of 9
Message 9 of 9

Nope, but somehow I turned on safe mode and it worked better, but it did not work every time either