account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

My camera is not properly working

One time poster
Message 1 of 2
Message 1 of 2

My camera is not properly working

Whenever i open my  camera  it show restart the phone.. I updated the software and also cleared tha data of camera.. But nothing happens

PPlss help

1 REPLY 1
Sony Xperia Support
Message 2 of 2
Message 2 of 2

Re: My camera is not properly working

Hi @Tushar7, I am sorry to hear about this.

First of all I would suggest that you try to reboot your phone in safe mode in order to see if the camera behaves the same there. All apps downloaded from Play Store is temporarily disabled while in safe mode and by doing this you can see whether this is caused by a downloaded app. For more information on safe mode and how to use it, click here.

If the same behavior from the camera app persists in safe mode, I would recommend that you try to to perform a software repair using a computer and Xperia Companion. Please note though that a software repair will erase all user data, so remember to do a backup of your user data first. 

If none of these measures manages to improve the functionality of the camera app, I suggest that you get in contact with your local support team. They can help you to have your phone sent to an authorized service center to be examined and repaired as you mentioned. If you have any questions regarding the service, such as routines, warranty and consumer laws, these type of questions are best answered by your local support team as well, as they vary between markets.

Try these measures and let me know how it goes! 

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.