account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Lens problem - IR film coming off ?

Adviser
Message 1 of 5
Message 1 of 5

Lens problem - IR film coming off ?

Last week I got my Z5P back from repair; I had sent it to get two things fixed:

1) headphone jack

2) lens problem

Unfortunately, the lens wasn't fixed. So I thought I'd post here and find out whether it's worth it to send the phone back again to get the lens replaced.

To illustrate the problem I have attached photos to this post. You can see the problem very well when reflecting light. If you look straight-on you can also see it, but not so easily. For hi-res photos, please see here: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/udzmbmx53zpjvea/AAB0KoJXgA0Xq6xBiJcezTpPa?dl=0

What is this damage to the lens? It has been slowly growing on its own. 

Under normal light, the camera makes good pictures. Under bright light, the photos have a green tinge.

IMG_20170530_140313.jpgIMG_20170530_140309.jpg

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Commissioner
Message 2 of 5
Message 2 of 5

Re: Lens problem - IR film coming off ?

Unfortunately!!No service centers would do that. None can apply the coat again but u can do replace it with healthy one.since there Wil be annoying glare when taking pics or after processing pics I can suggest u to wipe it off with some toothpaste. Use lens protector from witrigs. Or else take proper care after u wipe the coat off of the lens.

https://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Camera/Z5-compact-camera-after-last-softwere-update/m-p/1226334#M1712

Adviser
Message 3 of 5
Message 3 of 5

the problem is that the lens is totally smooth - there's nothing rubbing off.

I think it would have to be fixed by the service center

Message 4 of 5
Message 4 of 5

It is the uv film wearing off, it's common on phones that have the external film on lens protector.

You can remove the rest of the film using various methods, which will sort image clarity, or you can contact your Local support for a repair again and specify that the uv lens protector coating is wearing away and needs a new lens protector.

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views.
Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Adviser
Message 5 of 5
Message 5 of 5

I have sent the device in on Wednesday (31/5) - no confirmation yet that they've received it in Kent service center (last time it took 1 business day) so I'm getting nervous about my £600 phone in a non-tracked package :-(

Also, weird how this post ended up in Software...