account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Is there anyway to capture mirrored instead of true selfie images using stock camera app

Adept
Message 1 of 6
Message 1 of 6

Is there anyway to capture mirrored instead of true selfie images using stock camera app

The title says it all. The viewfinder on the selfie cam shows a mirror (reflected) image yet when the photo is captured it's in the true orientation. Is there anyway for the image to be captured similar to what it looks like in the viewfinder instead of having to use third party apps to flip the image and thus add an unnecessary extra step to the whole process. Also why is there no zoom on the front facing camera. Come on Sony why do you have to torture us?!!
5 REPLIES 5
Forum Legend
Message 2 of 6
Message 2 of 6

Re: Is there anyway to capture mirrored instead of true selfie images using stock camera app

1.) unfortunately , there isn't an option to flip the image on the stock camera app. you can try to use 3rd party camera apps to achieve this effect. http://beebom.com/selfie-apps-android-ios-windows-phone/

2.) what is there to zoom on the front camera? just move your arms closer to achieve the same effect, remember digital zoom degrades the image, so zooming with a low resolution image will just give you grainy images

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Learn to take care and troubleshoot your Device here:
Xperia Support by Sony: https://support.sonymobile.com/global-en/
One time poster
Message 3 of 6
Message 3 of 6

how do i turn off the mirror setting in the front camera

how do i turn off the mirror setting in the front camera

One time poster
Message 4 of 6
Message 4 of 6

Pictures taken with front camera are mirrored

Translation via Google translate:
Good night, the problem is that the front camera when taking the photo saves it with mirror effect, look for if there was any configuration in the camera that brought that function to change that condition but I did not find it, send 1 email to sony and said That repairs the system, which advise me?

que buenas noches, el problema es qur la cámara frontal al tomar la foto la guarda con efecto espejo, busque si habia alguna configuracion en la camara que trajera esa funcion para cambiar esa condicion pero no la encontre, mande 1 correo electronoco a sony y dijo que repare el sistema, que me aconsejan? 

Sony Xperia Support
Message 5 of 6
Message 5 of 6

Re: Pictures taken with front camera are mirrored

Hi @marche,

When using the camera of your Xperia™ device to take a selfie using the front-face camera, the photo will be a mirror image. This is by design, and applies to most front-facing cameras. It is possible to edit the mirroring of the photo.

Note! Some camera features and functionality may differ depending on your device, regardless of your Android™ version.

To edit the mirroring of a photo

1. From your Home screen, tap the Application screen icon.
  2. Tap Album, then tap the photo you want to edit.
  3. Tap the edit icon, then tap Photo editor.
  4. Tap the crop icon, then Mirror.
  5. To save your changes, tap Save.

If you prefer, you can also download and use a third party application.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Highlighted
Learner
Message 6 of 6
Message 6 of 6

Re: Pictures taken with front camera are mirrored

This is ridiculous! Imagine I am on a trip and taking tons of pictures and do I have to edit them all? It's really stupid sorry to say. Make an update and offer an option sony. 

Xz1 unhappy 😒 user