account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Instagram/Snapchat camera

One time poster
Message 1 of 8
Message 1 of 8

Instagram/Snapchat camera

I loved sony for about 10 years now, and this phone is about to ruin it for me. I already had to have it fixed, 'cuz the lock button didn't work and now, when I finnaly get to use it daily, I am really not satisfied with it's performance. I got xperia XA1 because of it's amazing (or so it seemed) back and front camera. But what does that help, if when using these cameras with instagram/snapchat, photos are croped, quallity is worse, when trying to zoom, photos get streched, also videos. Is there anything that can be done within phone setting, or do I just have to wait for SONY to figure it out and update its software?

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Message 2 of 8

Re: Instagram/Snapchat camera

The quality and cropping of images in social media apps, is down to those apps to fix.

Sony built the cameras for use with the camera app, if a 3rd party app wants to access that camera then it's they who need to sort out the crop and quality, just like ANY other 3rd party app.

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views.
Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

One time poster
Message 3 of 8
Message 3 of 8

@viridis wrote:

The quality and cropping of images in social media apps, is down to those apps to fix.

Sony built the cameras for use with the camera app, if a 3rd party app wants to access that camera then it's they who need to sort out the crop and quality, just like ANY other 3rd party app.

@don't know why you're a mod here when you're terribly wrong. There's a crop option that's 5 megapixels that's the 16:9 res you need to switch to instead of the 5:3 8mp one OP. As for terrible front camera issues, that's on Sony. Most 3rd party apps take screenshots, I don't know why Sony's live camera is so garbage but it is. As well as front facing recording or anything in medium/low light, you're not going to be happy with that at all. The Sony XA1 Ultra definitely performs better, you can take a lot of photos in low light, however through camera app and 3rd party recording stutters heaps and gives off this weird streaky pixelation almost brush like. It seems as though Sony's own video recording is also through screen recording. Pretty pathetic on Sony though to release a phone  with a camera that's more garbage than something released 4 years ago that's 1/4th of the mp. @OP if you still can just return the phone. 

I too am no longer a Sony fan.

One time poster
Message 4 of 8
Message 4 of 8

front facing camera problem

My front facing camera makes my face smooth everytime. I turned off the smooth setting but it still doesn't work. If I click the help option at the camera and make a picture with my front camera, than it's good, than there Is no smooth on your face. But it doesn't go away. And in snapchat it does the same. Can anyone help me?

One time poster
Message 5 of 8
Message 5 of 8

I am having the same issues with 3rd party apps. Especially snapchat, where all my photos get stretched (vertically) the moment I try to zoom. The pictures appear pixelated and come with a lot of noise. Even in the camera app itself, pictures appear worse than ones taken from Sony's M4 aqua, which is three years old now. Also, everything appears blurry as though I have a beauty filter on. It's extremely annoying and takes away all detail from photographs. No way to turn it off either (Sony put it on as a default). Could these issues be sent to the developer team for the upcoming patches?

One time poster
Message 6 of 8
Message 6 of 8

New sony update fixed the problem! (10.9.) Thank you sony, I love you again! 

One time poster
Message 7 of 8
Message 7 of 8

I have sane problem. 

Xz premium 

Videos in Instagram stories are terrible. Terrible quality after the video gets downloaded. Like I have camera not 13mp but 3mp.

It means I have best frontal camera of all phones but people with 2years old iPhones take better videos than me. 

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 8 of 8
Message 8 of 8

I am facing the same problem ! I am SO annoyed. When I take the video, it looks great, but as sson as I post it in the story it turns green and with a realllyyyy bad quality. Is there anything Imust fix in the settings ? 

Thank you