account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

Image quality issues

Highlighted
Rookie
Message 1 of 3
Message 1 of 3

Image quality issues

Hi everyone, I am experiencing some nasty image quality issues on my new XZ2. It appears especially on some indoor photos or in low light, when software obviously tries to boost up brightness. I assume it's a software-related issue and not a damage on the sensor, since I do not notice the defect on every picture or in a view finder before taking a photo. Did anyone experience the same problem?

Examples of the defected photos: 

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=1GHPrtgvTruCZejoRSxuKbwMG4dW2eiwr

2 REPLIES 2
Inhabitant
Message 2 of 3
Message 2 of 3

Re: Image quality issues

what are these black dots? have you added them in postproduction?

Rookie
Message 3 of 3
Message 3 of 3

Re: Image quality issues

No, they appear during the saving processing, at least in my opinion, because I don't see them in a viewfinder nor on every photo, I tried several times to take a photo of a white wall and they weren't always there, so it's not a hardware problem I suppose. They appear especially when I see that the phone is trying to make the image brighter in processing than it was in the viewfinder. Strange.