account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

How to turn off camera shutter sound

Highlighted
Visitor
Message 1 of 12
Message 1 of 12

How to turn off camera shutter sound

Hi, 

I just can't figure out how to turn camera shutter sound off on my Xperia XA1. There isn't any option for shutter sound when I open the camera setting. Am I looking at the wrong place? Or the camera sound can't be turned off? Can someone help me? 

11 REPLIES 11
Highlighted
Sony Xperia Support
Message 2 of 12
Message 2 of 12

Re: How to turn off camera shutter sound

Hi @KH07,

There is a setting to turn off sound in your camera app. You will find it if you go to: Camera > Tap the cogwheel icon > More > Sound > Off.

Let me know if this answers your question. Slightly smiling Face

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

Highlighted
Visitor
Message 3 of 12
Message 3 of 12

I don't have "sound" option when I tap "more". All I get is Object tracking, auto capturing, steady shot and under common settings, there are save location, touch capture, grid lines, auto volume key as, data storage, quick launch and help. 

Where can I find "sound" option? 

Highlighted
Message 4 of 12
Message 4 of 12

@KH07

Please check this out:

https://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Camera/camera-shutter-sound/m-p/1271994#M3177

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 5 of 12
Message 5 of 12

How to disable the camera sound?

How to disable the camera sound?

Cómo desactivo el sonido de la cámara?

Highlighted
Pioneer
Message 6 of 12
Message 6 of 12

Re: Cómo desactivo el sonido de la cámara?

To turn off the camera sound, activate camera, settings, more, scroll down and you find the setting. 

Highlighted
Emperor
Message 7 of 12
Message 7 of 12

Re: How to disable the camera sound?

@Ptyboy-17

I've edited your post as this is an English only forum, you can use Google Translate to reply and/or post. 

Keep in mind that in some markets/countries this can't be done, due to law restrictions. 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Learner
Message 8 of 12
Message 8 of 12

camera shutter sound

Camera shutter sound not able to off,

enable and disable both having camera shutter sound

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 9 of 12
Message 9 of 12

Camera shutter sound

Como puedo hacer para quitar el sonido del obturador?

How can I remove the shutter sound?

-GT

Highlighted
Sony Xperia Support
Message 10 of 12
Message 10 of 12

Re: Camera shutter sound

Hi @Yigo,

This is an international community and your previous post has been translated in to English using Google Translate. Please keep all future posts in English so that other users may more easily understand you. Slightly smiling Face

To disable camera shutter sound you need to:

1. Open the camera app
  2. Find and tap the settings icon > More
  3. Drag the slider next to Sound to the left.

Note! In some countries or regions, the camera shutter sound cannot be turned off due to national/regional privacy laws. The option to turn off the camera shutter sound is not found or is grayed out.

I hope this answers your question! Slightly smiling Face

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.