account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

HDR Video Recording on XZ1!

Learner
Message 1 of 5
Message 1 of 5

HDR Video Recording on XZ1!

Dear Sony.

We have HDR screen on XZ1. We can reproduce HDR videos and make HDR Photos but...we CAN'T make HDR Videos. Why?

SnapDragon 835 and your mobile sensor on XZ1 fully support HDR video recording by hardware, so why don't enable it via software?

Moreover, why 960FPS Slow-motion its software limited to 3 sec in FullHD and 5 sec in HD? Why dont add a mode to do it all the time? If the phone run's hot for that (and it need at least like 20 sec for a thing like that) just stop the video recording, easy. 3 seconds of slow-motion are completely no-sense.

Do something about this.

4 REPLIES 4
Pioneer
Message 2 of 5
Message 2 of 5

Re: HDR Video Recording on XZ1!

Hi @Tux1;

Can not talk about video HDR recording but the Super Slow Motion recording time is in fact an hardware (sensor memory) limitation.

Learner
Message 3 of 5
Message 3 of 5

Nice to know. About HDR Video Recording, XZ2 have the same camera (sensor etc) of XZ1 (IMX400), so XZ1 can perfectly support HDR Video Recording.

Learner
Message 4 of 5
Message 4 of 5

Lol. I had a chat about this with a Sony Employee. He said "It's a function that it's implemented when the device is being created. That's why after can't be added".

It's like saying "I've already built the bathroom, now i can't add a towel". Sounds a lot like an excuse to buy a new model like XZ2 with same camera model to have HDR Videos, or a way to say "we already payied the developers, now they don't give a **bleep** about it".

Hope XDA Developers will do something about this, but knowing Sony proprietary software policy, it will never happen. Nice.

Apprentice
Message 5 of 5
Message 5 of 5

Hello,

Just out of curiosity, my old Xperia Z1 was capable of recording HDR videos @1080p. Why not make it at least HDR @1080p?

Thanks,

Jack