account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Front Camera Soft Skin Effect

Enthusiast
Message 1 of 9
Message 1 of 9

Front Camera Soft Skin Effect

So the Soft Skin Effect is still here on the XZ. I really hated the front camera of my old Z3, and there was a bug that caused the effect to stay on. For the XZ, it seems to be off (and has a much better front camera). However, I'm wondering if there's a difference turning it on? I did and I don't see a difference in my photos. Current setting is 13MP (4:3).

8 REPLIES 8
Forum Legend
Message 2 of 9
Message 2 of 9

Re: Front Camera Soft Skin Effect

I tried it,  it is only noticeable on night shots,  most probably because of camera shake,  

________________________________________________________________________________
The Man! The Myth! The Forum Legend! -Scott Sterling
Enthusiast
Message 3 of 9
Message 3 of 9

Hmm anyway I'd rather do without it. The experience with my Z3 was a nightmare.
Forum Legend
Message 4 of 9
Message 4 of 9

well do you notice it when you are on auto or manual mode?

________________________________________________________________________________
Enthusiast
Message 5 of 9
Message 5 of 9

To be frank, I can't tell the difference between it being on or off.

Forum Legend
Message 6 of 9
Message 6 of 9

lol, me too. but just I said, it is most noticeable at night /low light. maybe it got the opposite of the previous bug..

Enthusiast
Message 7 of 9
Message 7 of 9

That's strange. Why would it make a picture taken in low light even more worse with skin effects? LOL

Forum Legend
Message 8 of 9
Message 8 of 9

here's an experiment, try to take pcitures with and without the soft skin on, view them on another screen. since the Xz has enhancements on , maybe it adusts the photo so it really not visible,

Enthusiast
Message 9 of 9
Message 9 of 9

Hey, tried that but nope, still the same on both pictures taken. I can see my pores. LOL.