account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

Error the camera may be in use by another application

One time poster
Message 11 of 19
Message 11 of 19

Re: Sony Xperia xz camera problem

Screenshot_20180906-105000.png

Visitor
Message 12 of 19
Message 12 of 19

Re: Error the camera may be in use by another application

In my xperia L1 I deleted all my apps that uses camera. But my camera

still does not work. I tried to reset it but it just doesn't seem to work. How can I fix it? 

Apprentice
Message 13 of 19
Message 13 of 19

I had to replace the L1 through the Sony retailer 

One time poster
Message 14 of 19
Message 14 of 19

Screenshot_20181128-213558.pngWhat fix for this problem on xpirea xa ultra??

Sony Xperia Support
Message 15 of 19
Message 15 of 19

Hello everyone and sorry to hear about the camera not working correctly in your devices. Slightly frowning Face

@Casanova06, the reset that you did,  was that a factory reset or did you perform a software repair using Xperia Companion?

If the camera still does not work after resetting your device, it will need to be examined at an authorized service centre and your Local support team will assist you further with having it sent in, or inform you of the closest service centre in your area.

@FriendlyDutch1, I hope the new Xperia L1 will work better and that you don't not experience any unexpected behaviour with it!

@ARHO, Have you tried any of the previous troubleshooting that I have posted in this thread? If you haven't done that, please do so and start with the one on the link below.

https://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Camera/Error-the-camera-may-be-in-use-by-another-application/m-p/1206...

Let me know how it goes!

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

Apprentice
Message 16 of 19
Message 16 of 19

The replacement phone's camera is still working fine. Thanks for posting. 

Sony Xperia Support
Message 17 of 19
Message 17 of 19

@FriendlyDutch1, that's great to hear and I hope it will continue to function correctly.

Have a nice day and let me know if there is anything you are wondering about! Slightly smiling Face

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

One time poster
Message 18 of 19
Message 18 of 19

I have sony xperia aqua m4 dual sim and have the same problem. I had factory reset also but the problem still occur. Kindly suggest what to do

Sony Xperia Support
Message 19 of 19
Message 19 of 19

Hi @Suraj6, sorry to hear about your camera not working. Slightly frowning Face

I can see that you have already done some troubleshooting on your own, but I would still recommend that you perform a software repair using Xperia Companion as this is a bit different from a normal factory reset as it will also reinstall the software in the device, just so we can make sure that this is not the cause of the camera not working properly.

The same rule as when doing a factory reset applies for this as well and that is that all data stored on your internal storage will be deleted, but you can create a backup with the same program before you start with the repair.

If you receive the same error message after performing the repair and the camera still is not working, get in touch with your Local support team as the device will need to be examined at an authorized service centre and they will assist you further with this.

Let me know how it went!