account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Error: The camera maybe in use by other applications

Highlighted
Learner
Message 1 of 6
Message 1 of 6

Error: The camera maybe in use by other applications

Hey, my xperia xa is one year old and the camera used to work fine until a few months ago it stopped working and showed error :the camera maybe in use by other applications please close the other applications and try again, then I tried restarting the phone and it worked again, it kept happening again but when I restart the phone it worked fine. Until I updated my phone software to Android 7, I keep getting this error but nothing works, tried restarting, factory resetting, but still not working, I tried the camera test in the diagnostics in the settings and the back camera works fine but still not working in the camera app, and the front camera isn't working in the app or in the test, it says front camera not available, the back camera works in other third party apps but not in the stock camera app, and I want to use it, and the front camera isn't working in any app or in the camera test in the phone settings, so what should I do? Thanks for any help. 

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Message 2 of 6

Re: Error: The camera maybe in use by other applications

@Ibra2411can you boot into safe mode and check if anything changes about the camera?

Learner
Message 3 of 6
Message 3 of 6

Tried this now but still getting the same error. 

@najodleglejszy wrote:

@Ibra2411can you boot into safe mode and check if anything changes about the camera?

Message 4 of 6
Message 4 of 6

@Ibra2411hmmm, what if you open Google app, swipe from the left edge of the screen, go to Settings > Voice > 'Ok Google' detection > disable Say "Ok Google" any time?

Learner
Message 5 of 6
Message 5 of 6

I opened Google app, settings, voice but I find "ok google" detection button greyed out and I can't click on it. What should I do? 

Pioneer
Message 6 of 6
Message 6 of 6

The only option left is to "repair" via Xperia Companion. Be sure to back up everything before and remember the google account & password used to set up the phone (if you have done it at startup).