account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Can't use Scenes in Nougat unless camera resolution is 8MP or below

SOLVED
Learner
Message 1 of 7
Message 1 of 7

Can't use Scenes in Nougat unless camera resolution is 8MP or below

After updating my Xperia XA Ultra dual SIM to Nougat, it is not allowing me to change scenary mode in higher resolution (21MP & 16MP). I am forced to reduce my camera resolution to 8 MP in according to use different scenary mode. It is a 21 MP camera phone, but if I have to reduce it to 8 MP then what is the use of getting this phone. This problem started after updating to Nougat. Previously it was working fine and I was able to change scenary in Main camera at higher resolution (21 MP & 16 MP). Can anyone help me to fix this problem?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Sony Xperia Support
Message 6 of 7
Message 6 of 7

Re: Xperia XA Ultra Camera problem after Nougat update

Hi all,

Thank you for bringing this up! I received information today that this will be fixed in the next software update for the device. Please note that software rollouts are a phased process so timing and availability may vary by market/carrier.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

6 REPLIES 6
Emperor
Message 2 of 7
Message 2 of 7

@DeKhan

Nothing has changed, perhaps you didn't noticed this but it hasn't changed. 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Learner
Message 3 of 7
Message 3 of 7

Screenshot_20170622-092203.pngScreenshot_20170622-092215.png

I am talking about this problem.

Highlighted
Rookie
Message 4 of 7
Message 4 of 7

XPERIA XA ULTRA - CAMERA PROBLEM AFTER UPDATE NOUGAT

Hi,

I have a problem with my Xperia XA ULTRA F3216, after upgrading to the Nougat system, the camera isn't allowing use the manual mode in resolutions higher than 8 mp. I normally used this mode in 16mp and 21mp for both ISO and other effects.

I'd like to know if you have any patch fixes for this bug and if other people are also having this issue.

Thanks,

Maria Cecilia. 

Rookie
Message 5 of 7
Message 5 of 7

Re: Can't use Scenes in Nougat unless camera resolution is 8MP or below

My phone is a XPERIA XA ULTRA F3216 DUAL SIM, and I expect solutions to this problem too! 

Sony Xperia Support
Message 6 of 7
Message 6 of 7

Hi all,

Thank you for bringing this up! I received information today that this will be fixed in the next software update for the device. Please note that software rollouts are a phased process so timing and availability may vary by market/carrier.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

One time poster
Message 7 of 7
Message 7 of 7

Re: Can't use Scenes in Nougat unless camera resolution is 8MP or below

Please make an early software update for this. I want my old camera back 😭