account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Camera will not save to sd card after oreo update

Highlighted
Learner
Message 1 of 5
Message 1 of 5

Camera will not save to sd card after oreo update

Does anyone else have this problem - I opened camera after updating to Oreo and there is an icon on screen of an sd card in red with an exclamation mark ❗ next to it, and a message saying 'cannot save to sd card, use internal storage instead?' obviously I don't want to do this, is this a known issue that will be fixed soon, or do I need to do something? I have tried unmounting sd card, restarting phone. Any advice please?! 

4 REPLIES 4
Pioneer
Message 2 of 5
Message 2 of 5

Re: Camera will not save to sd card after oreo update

I don't experience such an issue. Do you have enough free space on the card? Is it possible to copy a file to it?

Highlighted
Learner
Message 3 of 5
Message 3 of 5

Hi yes 22gb free on card. Couldn't copy file initially but after a couple of unmounts/mounts it is now working, and camera is using sd card for storage. Thanks for reply. 

Highlighted
Learner
Message 4 of 5
Message 4 of 5

OK so this is not solved, it keeps doing it when I go back to camera and I have to unmount and remount sd card every time I want to take a photo. Either that or use internal storage, which will quickly run out. 

Highlighted
Message 5 of 5
Message 5 of 5

@Shazbat

Try transferring anything on the SD card to your PC, then format the SD card from within the phone.

Feel free to kudo this post or mark it as solution so that other users facing the same issue can find it

Disclaimer: Moderators are not affiliated with or work for Sony Mobile, their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles in the community.