account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Camera "unknown error"

Highlighted
Learner
Message 1 of 8
Message 1 of 8

Camera "unknown error"

Hi from Argentina...

Since yesterday i cannot open the camera, a sign that says "unknown error" appears every time i try to. The flash doesn't work either and the camera doesn't work on Instagram or whatsaap either... It's an error from the last update? (pie 9). Can someone help me? Haven't bought a phone like this for not having a camera!!! Screenshot_20181206-230506.png

Also im having the same error that i read about in other topics about the light sensor also. . Screenshot_20181206-230554.png

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Pioneer
Message 2 of 8
Message 2 of 8

Re: Camera "unknown error"

Hi @Florcha7;

Try clearing the Camera app cache and data (settings>apps and notifications>all apps>Camera app>storage) restart phone and try again.

Regarding Smart Backlight Control probably we need to wait until it is resolved in future update, until then try desabling Smart Backlight Control before charging the device (you can turn it on afterwords) (settings>display>advanced>smart backlight control>disable).

Highlighted
Learner
Message 3 of 8
Message 3 of 8

Thanks for the answer! I've tried that, several times...suppose i should try reseting the phone as new??? Slightly frowning Face

Highlighted
Pioneer
Message 4 of 8
Message 4 of 8

@Florcha7;

Better than factory reset is a software repair with Xperia Companion as it will reinstall a fresh version of your phone software, if that doesn't work it's probably an hardware issue.

Highlighted
Learner
Message 5 of 8
Message 5 of 8

Oh, ok! I will try that, thanks a lot! Smiling Face with open Mouth

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 6 of 8
Message 6 of 8

Did you solve your problem ? I purchased Xperia XZ3 and camera does not work , I tried all sugested in forums, even  software companion repair and it did not work.

Frank / Barromax

Highlighted
Learner
Message 7 of 8
Message 7 of 8

Hi! No, i couldn't solve it. I left it for repair to the company i had bought it, and they told me they couldn't fix it, they gave me back my money.

So i went to a different company, bought the phone there  change my company haha, and it's been working perfectly now..  (I'm from Argentina). 

Visitor
Message 8 of 8
Message 8 of 8

Error - Unknown Error : SonyXperia XZ3

I searched for a while and tried during 2 days to change the firmware to a custom one to see if the issue was software and finally it is not : its hardware.

I found this solution : 

Compress the phone between your hands..

https://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/M-series/Camera-Problem-quot-Error-Unknown-error-quot/m-p/1150524/hig...

It seems that the camera get disconnected from it connector and to "reclip" it you need to crush the phone between your fingers around the cameras (between screen and case on the flat) to remake a proper contact or put back in position a connector who get a bit took of its position after a shock.. (or dismentle to clean and reclip properly the cable  it but I didnt dared cause this kind of phone is often sensitive). 

BTW : After compressing -> reboot.