account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

Camera problem after android 7 update

Highlighted
Adviser
Message 1 of 17
Message 1 of 17

Camera problem after android 7 update

.I'm from Israel. Got the update this morning.
There is a problem with the camera - when entering to video capturing everything freeze and it takes couple seconds to update the screen. Bad bad bad.
Also the finger sensor stops working from time to time.
16 REPLIES 16
Commissioner
Message 2 of 17
Message 2 of 17

Re: Camera problem after android 7 update

dear how you update your phone. using Xperia companion or usingonly your mobile phone??

Adviser
Message 3 of 17
Message 3 of 17

Using Xperia companion
Message 4 of 17
Message 4 of 17

Sony Xperia m4 aqua back and front camera not ablabule
Genius
Message 5 of 17
Message 5 of 17

Hello @mgatlan, welcome to the comunity!

I'm sorry to hear that. First of all, what phone model are you using? You can find this in: Settings > About phone > Phone model. Under about phone, could you also tell me what Android version you are currently using?

I would recommend that your reboot your phone to safe mode, this is to make sure this behavior isn't caused by an installed app, since these are temporarily disabled while the phone is booted in to safe mode. 

Should you experience this behavior in safe mode as well, I'd recommend that you try clearing the data for the camera app. To do so, go to: Settings > Apps > Camera > Storage > Clear data > Ok. Reboot your phone and see if this changes anything. Note that this does note erase any pictures that you have stored in your device. 

When using the fingerprint sensor make sure your fingers are dry. Also try clearing the sensor using a dry cloth. You can also try to see if the sensor behaves the same way when your phone is in safe mode. 

Let me know how it goes!

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Adviser
Message 6 of 17
Message 6 of 17

Thanks for your answer.
Unfortunately I've tried those recommendations but still there is a problem with the camera.
I've downloaded Google camera and this seems to be OK.
So it's not hardware, I think...
My model is z5 e6653
Genius
Message 7 of 17
Message 7 of 17

I'm sorry to hear that you are still experiencing the same behavior with your Xperia Z5.

I would recommend that you try and repair the software in your device using a computer and our support program Xperia Companion. This is way we can guarantee that your devices software is working as intended. You will find the instructions on how to do this via the following link.

Keep me posted on how it goes!

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Commissioner
Message 8 of 17
Message 8 of 17

dear have your try to repair your phone using Xperia Companion???

@mgatlan wrote:
Thanks for your answer.
Unfortunately I've tried those recommendations but still there is a problem with the camera.
I've downloaded Google camera and this seems to be OK.
So it's not hardware, I think...
My model is z5 e6653

Adviser
Message 9 of 17
Message 9 of 17

Yes, couple of times, but no luck. It's strange, the camera app opens OK, only video capturing is faulty.
Adviser
Message 10 of 17
Message 10 of 17

There is a very big delay and it's also seen in the video that was recorded.