account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Camera/ photo/ image quality issues/ yellowing in low light conditions

Highlighted
Regular
Message 1 of 1
Message 1 of 1

Camera/ photo/ image quality issues/ yellowing in low light conditions

I have had my phone for a couple of years now and I absolutely love it.

I have always had a small issue with the camera that has always niggled me: when shooting without flash in low-light situations the resulting photo is too yellow:

2017-01-01-107.JPG

From forums, I have understood that this may be due to the Google “auto-correct” photo feature inbuilt in the camera app.

I then upload the photos to Picasa (a Google program) but the Picasa “auto-correct” does nothing to improve the image (as it is their own software behind both).

I also understand that newer Play Store apps can give an enhanced performance for the camera (and correct the above problem).

Question: does anyone have a specific additional camera app that you can recommend for me that addresses the photo quality issue above please?

I have researched on the internet, but there are just too many 3rd party apps out there and compatibility may be an issue. I need a sound recommendation from someone who has been through it!

[Please note that I have Android Version 4.4.4 and have not upgraded my software to Lollipop as I am extremely happy with my current setup, and see some negative reviews on continued camera/ photo quality].

Thank you kindly for any help with this.