account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Camera not working

One time poster
Message 1 of 2
Message 1 of 2

Camera not working

I took delivery of my xz2 yesterday and set it up as per the instructions. The camera does not work at all (neither front or back). Interestingly the front camera does work on Snapchat but if I try and switch to back camera the whole thing stops working. Please can you send an update to rectify this problem. Or send me a new phone. Phone is 1 say old. Thank you 

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Message 2 of 2

Re: Camera not working

First:

This is a global userforum, noone here can send you an update or a phone. Contact your local Sony support for such things!

Second:

The first thing you should do is to start your phone into safe mode
https://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/FAQ/How-to-boot-your-phone-into-safe-mode/m-p/348008#M6
and test if the camera works without 3rd-party-apps.

If the camera DOES NOT work then, the next step is to use the Xperia PC Companion to "repair" your phone. This will reinstall the Firmware. Try again if the camera works as it should.

If the camera DOES NOT work let your dealer replace the phone or contact your local Sony support for a repair/replacement.