account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

Camera not working after update

SOLVED
Rookie
Message 21 of 23
Message 21 of 23

Re: Camera not working after update

I am also having the same issue after official Software update, and the phone started behaving very badly after the update, earlier it never used to get shut down automatically,

Now problems are like 

1.Rear Camera not working 

2. Front works but can't say when it wont

3. Auto restart 

One week before everything was fine. Suddenly after the update everything is messed. 

Learner
Message 22 of 23
Message 22 of 23

Xa2 ultra camera worked at first, seemed like a update came down then quit working. Messenger camera works, and would guess other camera apps would also, just not Sony Xa2 ultra OEM app. Pretty pathetic coming from a manufacturer know for its camera and video equipment. My Xa2 ultra has oreo 8 and is up to date but read some of the sony Xa2 series shipped with andriod 9 pie? Anyone have Android 9 pie with Xa2 camera issues? I also found other phone manufacturers where the oreo 8 caused those phones to have camera issue and problems. Sony kept stating to send in my phone, and was reluctant so I didn't cause I couldn't confirm it was hardware nor would they. After pressing further my latest  option has become send in the phone or wait for the update... Hope this might help answer some unanswered questions for others but try another camera app in the mean time... If you figure any other options out would appreciate any feedback. Tks

One time poster
Message 23 of 23
Message 23 of 23

Experia Camera not working