account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

Camera not working after update

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 1 of 4
Message 1 of 4

Camera not working after update

when i try to use my camera on my new xperia xa2 phone it is a black screen and has the words memory error sd card unavailable on it . 

3 REPLIES 3
Emperor
Message 2 of 4
Message 2 of 4

Re: Camera not working after update

@Kim111 

Are you able to access the SD card with other apps? perhaps a file commander? 

try this, settings > app > camera > storage > clear data > restart the phone > test again 

also, test the device

Settings > About phone > Diagnostics > Test

Oreo

Settings > Support > Tests

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

One time poster
Message 3 of 4
Message 3 of 4

I tried but didnt work, and also I used repair system using pc companion but still the same. I guess we have to wait for the new system roll update.  Slightly frowning Face  hope sony will notice these problems.

One time poster
Message 4 of 4
Message 4 of 4

Same here. Two different Xperia XZ1 Compact, different variant (purchased from different part of world), up-to-date with similar but different OS version, both having this "Memory Error: SD Card Unavailable" issue. Takes a few tries to work. Reset, repair, formatting, nothing works.