account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

Camera not working after update

SOLVED
Apprentice
Message 1 of 23
Message 1 of 23

Camera not working after update

Since the last update, my battery drains very fast and my front camera no longer works. The 'selfie' camera is fine. It show a black screen and when you wipe your finger across the lens, it focuses but freezes. If you try take a picture it freezes and keeps the flash on. It has not been dropped and I have restarted and factory reset. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Apprentice
Message 13 of 23
Message 13 of 23

Re: Camera not working after update

Hello, phone has been repaired under warranty. Letter states camera replaced as diagnostics failed. No further info given.

22 REPLIES 22
Emperor
Message 2 of 23
Message 2 of 23

@Chic

That seems more like a hardware issue, have you repaired it with XC? Xperia Companion

Settings > about phone > diagnostics > test > test camera > report back

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Apprentice
Message 3 of 23
Message 3 of 23

Hello, camera, front camera and flash test state failed. Camera button passed. 

Emperor
Message 4 of 23
Message 4 of 23

@Chic

You will have to contact your Local support and get it inspected by them. 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Highlighted
Regular
Message 5 of 23
Message 5 of 23

Exactly the same thing is happening to my device. Camera was fine one day, and just won't start the next. 

If I switch to front camera it's fine. Very strange. 

Apprentice
Message 6 of 23
Message 6 of 23

Thank you all. 

I have also don't a system repair through the PC and no luck. 

Kbrc1 how did you fix your issue? 

Regular
Message 7 of 23
Message 7 of 23

Hi chic, it isn't working!

I've used Xperia companion to repair my device but still the same. The front camera works but the rear just shows a black screen. 3rd party apps like a qr scanner fail as well. 

Learner
Message 8 of 23
Message 8 of 23

Tengo el mismo problema, desde el jueves la cámara principal dejó de funcionar y solo funciona la frontal,la linterna aveces presenta fallos y el teléfono ahora descarga la batería más rápido y también se calienta más seguido. Restaure el xperia X de fabrica, inicie en modo seguro y repare el tlf con xperia companion, nada de esto resolvió el problema. La cámara reacciona si se le presiona un poco.

I have the same problem, from Thursday camera main stopped working and works only the front, flashlight rarely has faults and the phone now download the battery faster and also heated more often. restore Xperia X. manufactures, start in safe mode and repair the phone with Xperia companion, nothing this solved the problem. camera reacts if you Press a bit.Screenshot_20171023-193252.png

Screenshot_20171023-193110.png

Emperor
Message 9 of 23
Message 9 of 23

@Kbirc1

Check in safe mode if that doesn't work > repair the phone with Xperia Companion 

If that doesn't work @Kbirc1 @Chic @Easl

You will have to contact your Local support to get it inspected/repaired. 

Regular
Message 10 of 23
Message 10 of 23

Hi,

It doesn't work in safe mode and I've done a hard reset and a repair using Xperia companion. 

Sony are picking it up tomorrow so will see what happens. 

Very strange that the camera, flashlight won't work and the battery is running down quicker too. 

I'll update this when Sony have repaired the phone.