account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Camera not usable

stb
Learner
Message 1 of 5
Message 1 of 5

Camera not usable

Hi

I just got an Xperia X and the camera is not usable. When i try to take a photo nothing happens and the UI disappears. The only option to come to the main screen is to push the power button and then the camera is blocked.

The camera itself works as i can see what i need - just capturing photos is not possible. When i use diagnostic i get a green screen in the end, assume this is suppoed to show the photo taken? I already reset the camera app with no benefit.

Videos sometimes work but i cant save them and get an "unknown error". There is also a 1-2 second delay between real time and what i see on the phone.

4 REPLIES 4
Emperor
Message 2 of 5
Message 2 of 5

Re: Camera not usable

repair the phone with XC and report back

Xperia Companion (XC)

Software Repair Guide

Alternatives on How to backup Xperias

http://talk.sonymobile.com/thread/36355

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Sony Xperia Support
Message 3 of 5
Message 3 of 5

Hi @stb,

Welcome to the community.

Please try resetting the camera app by going to Settings > Apps > Camera > Force Stop > Clear Data, then restart the phone.

If it is still doing the same thing, please follow the steps @uliwooly suggested.

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

Highlighted
stb
Learner
Message 4 of 5
Message 4 of 5

I already tried the cache clear and repair via PC. Problem persists
Emperor
Message 5 of 5
Message 5 of 5

Time to stop by your Local support

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)