account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Camera isn't responding > Camera has stopped > Camera keeps stopping. Literally tried everything.

Highlighted
Apprentice
Message 1 of 3
Message 1 of 3

Camera isn't responding > Camera has stopped > Camera keeps stopping. Literally tried everything.

Hi,

My Xperia Z5 has a camera issue.

When I open the camera I get Camera isn't responding > Camera has stopped > Camera keeps stopping.

Things I have tried:

>Clearing camera Data and Cache

>Clearing the phone cache

>Removing all app permissions that access the camera and restarting

>Running the diagnostic tool on the phone (it crashes the diagnostics tool 99% of the time, it only managed to work once) all failed - flash, front and back camera

>Software repair with the Xperia Companion

>Buying a new camera and replacing the camera hardware..

Still has the same issue.

Any ideas anyone?

The phone was replaced by my insurance about 6 months ago, so it's not even an old one.

Thanks

Chris

2 REPLIES 2
Emperor
Message 2 of 3
Message 2 of 3

Re: Camera isn't responding > Camera has stopped > Camera keeps stopping. Literally tried ever

@Chris102

Did you get it inspected by your Local support ?

Have you flashed the phone with Xperifirm or flashtool?

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Apprentice
Message 3 of 3
Message 3 of 3

Re: Camera isn't responding > Camera has stopped > Camera keeps stopping. Literally tried ever

Did you get it inspected by your Local support ?

I phoned support and they gave no advice, just asked me to send the phone away and wait a week or two, then they will give me a price for a repair. Seemed overkill as i'd just use my insurance. 
But i need to take some business photos so I can't afford to wait a few weeks.

Have you flashed the phone with Xperifirm or flashtool?

I haven't flashed the phone, 

Is flashing a suggestion to fix a problem, or are you asking in case it created the problem?
@uliwooly

thanks