account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

Camera improvement

Regular
Message 1 of 6
Message 1 of 6

Camera improvement

Sony, is that a way to select a dedicate focus point and focus mode(single, continue etc.) while shooting video? 

I found that it is always not focusing on the point I wish to focus for......so lame.

And the Object tracking function is unusable, it is not doing what it is as advertised, that is, it is not tracking the object I wish to track, for example, a cat.....

And why 8mp for default, I mean, do you guys think that if 23mp too big in size, 8mp is too small? Would't it be nice we have a 12mp option. Second why 16:9 or 4:3 only, how about 3:2? It is a pretty standard aspect ratio for photography, do the camera developer guys know about photograpy? I doubt that.

I sincerely hope that Sony, please improve the camera app and put more functions in it, Sony make good camera, don't let your phone's camera destroy the reputation.

5 REPLIES 5
Emperor
Message 2 of 6
Message 2 of 6

Re: Camera improvement

Which camera settings are you using? 

you can find answers to your questions if you use the search bar or you can contact your Local support 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Regular
Message 3 of 6
Message 3 of 6

It's not the camera settings problem.
And it's not user problem I certain.
I am a photographer and use Sony's pro line camera for a long time.
I am disappointed by this functioness disable camera app.
You have to consider the price of the phone too!
By the way, I am using X Performance.
Emperor
Message 4 of 6
Message 4 of 6

As a photographer you should know that a smartphone's camera can't compare with profesional camera, either or, send your feedback to Sony >>>> Local support and also take a look at this Xperia Tutorial Photography

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Regular
Message 5 of 6
Message 5 of 6

However, some basic function should not be disabled from the app.
You can compare the app to those like Samsung or of course Apple.
I am not asking the app to have the functions of a DSLR, am I stupid? Why I want a smartphone like a DSLR if I already have one.
If you take a look of what I request for, It's just some functions that every smartphone should have.
Emperor
Message 6 of 6
Message 6 of 6

Again, send your feedback to Sony and keep in mind that you have a Smartphone, you can download different camera apps.