account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Camera error on xz1 after update

Learner
Message 1 of 2
Message 1 of 2

Camera error on xz1 after update

I have android 9 on my xperia xz1. Since the last android January update , app camera is not working. The first time I open the app, it works well but the second time the app shows an error message that says "Error cannot start camera. Reboot cellphone". I've done factory reset and I've done software repair twice however the app keeps failing. What can I do? 

1 REPLY 1
Sony Xperia Support
Message 2 of 2
Message 2 of 2

Re: Camera error on xz1 after update

Hi @Sierralean, I am sorry to hear about this.

If the software repair do not manage to make the camera app work as intended, I am afraid there is not much else i can recommend that you try other than having the phone examined and possibly repaired by an authorized service center

And since service routines, warranty and consumer laws may vary depending on market, I suggest that you contact your local support team for further instructions.

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.