account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Camera crashes

Highlighted
Visitor
Message 1 of 3
Message 1 of 3

Camera crashes

I seem to have encountered a bug in the camera app.

When I take a video, close the camera and reopen the camera, it seems to reopen on the video setting and completely crash. I can't be sure that's the only scenario where it happens, but it happens a lot.

I can then no longer open the camera until the phone is restarted, very very irritating.

It doesn't happen all the time, but I'd say 30% of the time when I'm actually trying to capture something.

Anybody with any ideas?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Message 2 of 3

Re: Camera crashes

@jebimasta

Start with clearing cached data of the Camera app (this will reset all the camera settings to defaults):

From Settings -> Apps & notifications -> App info -> Camera -> Stotage -> Clear data

Feel free to kudo this post or mark it as solution so that other users facing the same issue can find it

Disclaimer: Moderators are not affiliated with or work for Sony Mobile, their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles in the community.

Visitor
Message 3 of 3
Message 3 of 3

Re: Camera crashes

Thanks,

I will monitor it and see what happens, I can't make it happen at all at the moment so hopefully it will stay that way!