account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

Camera button is waaaay too soft. :( Is it just mine? Thinking about returning it..

Highlighted
Inhabitant
Message 1 of 1
Message 1 of 1

Camera button is waaaay too soft. :( Is it just mine? Thinking about returning it..

Hello! Grinning Face

I am an (almost) happy owner of the XZ1 Compact. 

I also have a Z3 Compact, and also tried Z5C because a friend has it, but both have a good shutter button. 
The shutter/camera button on my XZ1 Compact is crazy soft. barely feel the 2 stages and the button "triggers" the action at a very low point. 
The Z series had a very much firm/clicky touch to them(which I love).
The fact is that I cannot say mine is a completely defective unit, as it does not seem totally damaged, maybe this is the whole series feeling or is it bad luck? And, more importantly, cannot test it on another XZ1 Compact. There is none in the shops and I know no one who have it. 
How is your experience with this and the overall phone?
My Z3 Compact is still working(struggling) to keep up and makes a decent job.
Not sure if to keep/return the XZ1 Compact though, so many concerns about it: no double tap to wake/sleep in the future, XZ3 having an big enough battery and being a good competitor, updates being dropped on this phone after the Android Pie, etc...

Any impressions/suggestion on this one is very welcomed!
Thank you! Grinning Face